FN Herstal Firearms banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know the Delta was designed for the SCAR. But is there really a big difference between the Delta and Recon S? Thanks in advance for any information.

Sent from my Nexus 9 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
362 Posts
Damn...that is the mount I should have gotten...that Delta one looks sweet....and I like how the screws come down from on top instead of the sides like mine

·
Registered
203 Posts
I know the Delta was designed for the SCAR. But is there really a big difference between the Delta and Recon S? Thanks in advance for any information.

Sent from my Nexus 9 using Tapatalk

Delta has more material which would make it stronger and take more abuse (hence approved by SOCOM). It's also heavier. For a civilian bench shooter, it makes your wallet lighter.

·
Registered
203 Posts
Also, because of the way the Recon line is designed... if you ever change to a different scope with different tube size, you wouldn't have to buy a whole new mount, you could just change out the ring halves—assuming the new scope works with the same mount height.

·
Registered
163 Posts
I bought a Delta, but it didn't fit the Nightforce 2.5-10x42 that I bought at about the same time, so I ended up using Recon S. The Recon S works fine and no problems so far.

·
Registered
2,385 Posts
I have the Recon on my 16 with a Leupy Mk6 1-6, wouldn't trade it for a Delta. That said when i got the setup the Delta wasn't available with 34mm rings and that may have changed the original decision. As mentioned ring size can be changed on the Recon and it's lighter. I would opt for the Delta on a 17 assuming it fit the scope I chose.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Couple hundred rounds through the 17 with the recon and so far so good. If I were buying it new I might have gone with the delta but I picked up a recon used for a fair price which tipped the scales in the recons favor. For how I use the rifle (range duty and hunting) I feel like to recon is plenty stout enough.

·
Registered
362 Posts

·
Registered
362 Posts
Pretty sure it was a tiny fraction of a difference and it seemed like the recon was co-witness...

·
Registered
2,385 Posts
The Recon is available with many different options to fit a particular application. The Delta is made for A specific application and the only options are elevation and color. I am using the Recon SW with the Leupy MK6. Attached are the different measurements for each option from ADM's site.

·
Registered
674 Posts
Delta has more material which would make it stronger and take more abuse (hence approved by SOCOM). It's also heavier. For a civilian bench shooter, it makes your wallet lighter.
This and it's not a cantilever mount. Personally I'd grab one of the new Bobro SCAR QD mounts, they're rock solid.

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Thanks for the feedback guys. Just really trying to figure out if the Delta mount is worth the extra duckets over the Recon. I've heard great things about both mounts and I didn't really see much difference (stat wise) between them.

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
American Defense MFG, LLC | Browse | Scope Mounts | AD-RECON Scope Mount

Its the American Defense Recon cantilever. The QR is awesome but the way I run the charging handle it sticks out too much and if I reverse it I feel it is too unbalanced. I ordered the delta mount to reverse it easier. Too bad too cuz I got a good price on it LE and all. Gonna return it if no one is interested in it
I've heard the SCAR 17S put those cantilever mounts through its paces. Heard they make those 600+ yard shots more difficult to get good groupings.

·
Registered
3,097 Posts
Not sure why you would not go for a product designed specifically for the SCAR unless you already have something else and it works to your satisfaction. Having said that I had the recon and switched to the delta.

·
Registered
362 Posts
I had the Recon and switched to the Delta too. If you had an AR15 I'd say get the Recon. For a SCAR, get the Delta. You don't need a cantilever mount because of the full length top rail, and reversing it is a bit strange for that kind of mount (felt unbalanced). Delta is tougher, has more scope surface engagement on the rings, has beefier screws and mount, and can be reversed no problem. Just make sure your scope fits! There is less room between the rings! For my vortex optics viper pst 1-4x there was plenty of adjustment room to move the scope back and forth in the rings to adjust on the Recon. I’ve seen pictures for the same scope and Delta mount and it barely fits. Less adjustments means it better give you good eye relief wherever it falls on the rail!

Reactions: IrishMedicRN
1 - 20 of 36 Posts