Registered
22,109 Posts
I call B.S. Your upper and lower match... :eek:

:(

Reactions: Wy4tt

·
Registered
506 Posts
Tango down makes a great Vertical Grip! Looks real nice.
And the American Defense QD lever is just brilliant. Fine setup you have there, sir :?

·
Premium Member
9,515 Posts
I dub thee...Patches.

Seriously though, very nice. I'm also a fan of the TD vertical grips. I have six of them, four QD and two standard. The QD option is definitely worth the extra money.

·
Registered
6,701 Posts
Its so hard to look at ARs after owning a SCAR. I have a 16 and a 17 now and I still have no real interest in picking up an AR; unless its a 10.0"-11.5" Noveske or Knights. However, I wouldn't mind a black 16 at this point :shock: I know I already commented once, but man you have a great looking rifle!

·
Registered
817 Posts
Wy4t , May you put as many different types of ammo through your FDE 17; AS THE NUMBER OF ITS COLORS.

"To hope and dream is not to ignore the practical.
It is to dress it in colors and rainbows" Dr.Anne Wilson Schaef............

·
Registered
398 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks guys, I agree re the qd. It's nice to be able to yank it off if you want. Any right handers put the qd on the right side?

·
Registered
505 Posts
Its so hard to look at ARs after owning a SCAR. I have a 16 and a 17 now and I still have no real interest in picking up an AR; unless its a 10.0"-11.5" Noveske or Knights. However, I wouldn't mind a black 16 at this point :shock: I know I already commented once, but man you have a great looking rifle!

I have to agree with this 100%. It is hard to even look at an AR especially after owning a SCAR! Ive had many ARs and I can tell you each one was top notch.. In fact they were all new Colts. They were a good rifle. But the one thing that drove me absolutely crazy was that the crud from the gases would blow right into the chamber. I mean HOW STUPID can you be to design something that makes it even dirtier that what it would be with a piston type system. I loved the AK piston system but hated the inherent less than quality construction on most. I always thought if you could make an AK as well as the ARs are made but with the piston system you would have a great rifle. Then I discovered Galil Rifles! I was in love. Except I hated the .223 round. So my search continued. Then SigSauer makes the 556R! Bingo. That was the end all rifles for me. But the quality of 7.62x39 ammo was crap. So I started stocking up on Black Hills and Corbon. GREAT stuff. Then I discovered I wanted to go beyond 600 yards. and back to the 308 platform search I wentAt this point im thinking Piston driven Ar in .308. But then I still had that inherent dislike of ARs. Then I find the SCAR 17 and it was everything I wanted. Not as heavy as an M1 or FAL or even the HK91 (i have owned and or shot all at one point many times). Has much less felt recoil. VERY accurate with the right match ammo and in the right hands. PISTON driven! What more could anyone ask for? So to stay with like weapons I picked my wife (and my children next) a SCAR 16. The good thing is it can shoot accurately the heavier grained rounds that make up for the less than stellar stopping power of the 55 grn .223. So now I have the best of both worlds and I am happy.

And I love the multiple colors of the FDE version SCARs. It helps make them blend in unlike the black ones that stand out like a cold sore on your prom date.:mrgreen:

·
Registered
6,701 Posts
I run my stubby QD on the right side of my rifle. I use my stubby as handstop and the QD lever gets in the way if I have it facing out on the left.

·
Registered
398 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I run my stubby QD on the right side of my rifle. I use my stubby as handstop and the QD lever gets in the way if I have it facing out on the left.
That's what I was thinking. I haven't shot it yet, but using it for a stop at times it seems like it could be an annoyance. But if (and when) I put a light on I'll have to play with the configuration; where the switch will go.

·
Registered
398 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Haha. You guys are going to get a kick out of this. My buddy is colorblind. Has a lot of trouble with red and greens, pinks and grays etc. I asked him what color he thought it was and he said, it looks like tan and brown. He's pretty close. But he thought the upper was red! Lol. He knew it probably wasn't, but he knows nothing about scars. Anyway, we can add red to the list....at least in some peoples' eyes.

·
Registered
6,701 Posts
I run a surefire mini at about 11 oclock on my top rail. I dont use the pressure switch, but with the grip I have on the front end, I can reach the push button with my thumb very easily. ID love to run a RAID 720 on the bottom tail and the switch on the 9oclock rail; but I dont need a IR light. However, the strobe is a pretty cool feature and I really like the ability to have low, med and high settings for the led.

·
Registered
398 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Can you program it to come on at full intensity? I've got an older SF that you have to hit twice to get the higher output setting. Kind of silly.

·
Registered
505 Posts
Haha. You guys are going to get a kick out of this. My buddy is colorblind. Has a lot of trouble with red and greens, pinks and grays etc. I asked him what color he thought it was and he said, it looks like tan and brown. He's pretty close. But he thought the upper was red! Lol. He knew it probably wasn't, but he knows nothing about scars. Anyway, we can add red to the list....at least in some peoples' eyes.
Black SCAR owners see RED when they go up against FDE SCAR. The FDE SCAR take them every time at the range and in the field.

Reactions: goretro77

·
Registered
398 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Will do peck. Unless it comes loose while shooting (can't imagine that, this qd locks down with authority), I'll like it. The panels make the rail easier on the bare hands as well.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts