FN Herstal Firearms banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
15,557 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ordered a Wilson Combat magwell from TopGun last Friday - came in Monday. ($28.95)

I like it a lot. No mods necessary to the grips with the Pachmeyer grips... I may get the magwell coated in flat black later to match the gun better/

Anyway, great service! :?

·
Registered
305 Posts
Yes, a very nice addition to any 1911. Did you install this for the purpose of easy magazine loading or the esthetic look and well wear protection?

·
Registered
15,557 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
ICM856 said:
Yes, a very nice addition to any 1911. Did you install this for the purpose of easy magazine loading or the aesthetic look and well wear protection?
Just for looks. I like the look of a magwell. The MC Operator doesn't have 1. And, I also like the stock grips, and they don't make pachmeyr grips for a regular magwell.

I could have gotten a Wilson magwell/mainspring housing - but I'm happy with the stock MSH, and it is 3X the price.

·
Banned
4,097 Posts
Congrats! :?

·
Registered
15,557 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Well, I got a reply back - $10 to refinish it. So, I'm sending it off after I shoot the gun again this weekend :?

Then it will have the same matte black finish as the black parts of the gun (it is actually matte - the flash makes it look shiney)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts