FN Herstal Firearms banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
15,557 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had several handguns in the late 1990s. I kinda got outta the sport for a while, though, and just kept stuff locked up, except for 1 loaded one in the home.

SInce 2001, however, I got back into handguns heavily. And, I was kinda tired of what I had. Because money was tight, and my wife is not a big gun fan, I sold some guns to buy others. I also sold some collectables that were collecting dust in the closet,, and came up with some ways to earn extra money for my guns for a while.

Anyway, I've flipped my collection a few time since 2001.

My current collection is great. And, I don't anticipate getting rid of anything right now. But, I have gotten so accustomed to getting 2-3 (or more) new guns in a year over the past few years that I am addicted to getting new guns.

What I have is never good enough. I always want more. I like having a new toy all the time. A few months after getting a new gun, it looses some of its charm, and then I want another...

Anyone else have this problem, or am I just a nut?

·
Registered
76 Posts
Well, my collection doesn't usually shrink...it does go in spurts, sometimes I go months without going to the range and sometimes it is at least once a week.

Seems the more I go to the range, the more I want to buy. The more I buy, the more I go to the range. :D

·
Premium Member
4,479 Posts
I have several hobbies and I "rotate" my attention between them as years pass. Motorcycle, travel, guns, truck, property, and start over again... I've always been like that. I have a short attention span.

·
Registered
15,557 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yea, I did that too, much to the ire of my wife. It was aquariums, then astronomy, then aquariums, and guns mixed in between all of those.

Now its just guns :x

·
Premium Member
4,479 Posts
Yeah, the aquariums are a blast for a while. I had a 50 gallon and a 35 gallon aquarium in the living room for about a year. I had set them up saltwater so I could have the cool fish. I had the learn all about bacteria, ammonia, nitrites, nitrates, ph, salinity... it got to be a pain.

·
Registered
15,557 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yes... I had fancy goldfish - some were up to $80 per fish.

Here in College Station, though, the pH of the water is off the chart of most aquarium tests sets. And, high pH for goldfish makes them get dropsy and other diseases commonly. I did regular cleanings and all the other stuff, but got tired of dealing with this issue.

My current house has laminate floors, so I can't give in and try get an aquarium again :p - I tried saltwater once in the 1990s, but the salt mix actually bothered my allergies for some strange reason. I had a sore throat for the entire 2 weeks I was at home with that in my apartment. Never tried it again.

·
Registered
857 Posts
My wife is not a gun lover either,
that's why i just by guns for me :D

I can't see ever selling any of my guns - there are so many more i want i just never get the chance to go out and buy them. I usually just wait till gun shows, not sure why but i do.

·
Registered
252 Posts
Sadly I am bereft of funds and can no longer feed the addiction. I had to quit cold turkey! I upsized myself out of range. Little bit bigger car, little bit bigger house, little bit bigger family. If I want something I have to save with extreme prejudice.

I am taking donations the M.E. fund though! :p

1 - 9 of 9 Posts