FN Herstal Firearms banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After reading several reviews/posts regarding laser/light combos of various brands, I'm looking into adding a Streamlight TRL2 or TRL4 red laser to my FNS9. I'm leaning toward the TRL2 for the brighter lumens and aluminum build, but have also heard decent reviews about the TRL4. I like the compact look of the TRL4 but am leary of the quality compared to the TRL2 based on some comments. Price of the TRL4 is more appealing, but would pay more for the TRL2 if people have had bad experiences with the TRL4. I've only heard excellent comments regarding the TRL2. Will be used for HD. I have seen pics of the TRL4 on an FNS9 but not a TRL2. Am concerned if the TRL2 will stick out beyond the slide too far? I would like some advice (pros/cons) on these two from those who have had experience with them and if it's not too much trouble, could you please post some pics of each so I may compare? Thanks for your help!

·
Registered
49 Posts
I have the TRL3 and it does stick out a Lil bit past the muzzle. I have a KT holster that has a light molded as well so I don't have to remove the light holster.

Aim Small, Miss Small.

Reactions: kirby9

·
Premium Member
9,492 Posts
Here's the TLR-2s:

Reactions: kirby9 and LESTER

·
Registered
179 Posts
I have a tlr1 but thinking about picking up a inforce apl when I get my fns. Then throw the tlr on a fixture when I can pick one up. The tlr2 is pretty badass though. The tlr1 just felt kinda bulky on my g19 that's why I'm thinking of a apl.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Here's the TLR-2s:

TLR-2s looks great! Does stick out a little farther than TLR-4 but not too much. Do you find its weight to be an issue as it's metal? I've read that there my be buildup of powder residue on the lens after several rounds due to the TLR-2 sticking out farther. Have you encountered this? Is this the case with any light/laser attachment since they are so close to the muzzle and would require routine cleaning anyway?

·
Registered
179 Posts
TLR-2s looks great! Does stick out a little farther than TLR-4 but not too much. Do you find its weight to be an issue as it's metal? I've read that there my be buildup of powder residue on the lens after several rounds due to the TLR-2 sticking out farther. Have you encountered this? Is this the case with any light/laser attachment since they are so close to the muzzle and would require routine cleaning anyway?
Mostly just adds more weight on the nose. I wrapped electrical tape around the bezel, you can also put a lil vaseline on the lens for daytime practice. It cleans off pretty good

·
Premium Member
9,492 Posts
you can also put a lil vaseline on the lens for daytime practice. It cleans off pretty good
Good tip. I've smeared a drop of oil on the lens. It cleans up pretty good. I've never actually used the light on the FNS-9. It generally lives on my M&P 45.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts