FN Herstal Firearms banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
15,557 Posts
Interesting article. They don't differentiate between the P90 on SG1 and the PS90 - but that's okay. There was a member here recently who also stated his dept was contemplating putting PS90s in all the patrol cars as well.

·
Registered
15,557 Posts
Actually - maybe not. There are departments that want the officers to stick with semi auto, above 26" weapons. As I mentioned above, there is someone here that discussed the decision by his dept, and the reasoning why the superiors chose the PS90 over the P90.

I think one reason was that they didn't want non swat members walking around with full auto weapons. Remember, not all cops practice with their weapons a lot.

Also, leaving a full auto P90 machine gun hanging on the rack in a police car might not be a good idea. Cops leave their cars running and unlocked all the time.

I've herad of depts giving out CX4 Beretta carbines for use in squad cars. The PS90 wouldn't be bad. it's shorter than an AR, and would be useful in an urban setting.

Sure, I'll bet the cops WISHED they could get real P90s. But, I can't say that arming every patrol guy in town with a full auto P90 would be a good idea.

·
Registered
1,519 Posts
Shipwreck wrote: Sure, I'll bet the cops WISHED they could get real P90s. But, I can't say that arming every patrol guy in town with a full auto P90 would be a good idea.

Yea, especilly after that cop TASED that janitor by accident. Think of what damage barney could do with a P90. lol

·
Registered
170 Posts
In the story they said so in case they need to shoot out of their car. For that reason I think they will get P90's. Those extra inches on the PS90 would make that harder.

·
Banned
328 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I'd venture to guess the police are getting P90's. But it's a minor detail.

No it's definitely PS90's. I saw them on two different news reports where they were shooting them at a range. They had the long barrels which I'm fairly certain have never been available on the P90.

·
Premium Member
3,591 Posts
ss190 said:
correct me if i am wrong but if you are law inforcemnet coudent you buy the ss190 armor percing rounds?
Yes, your dept or agency can but you have to account for EVERY single round fired.

·
Registered
119 Posts
Haveing armor percing rounds could help law enforcement out. If I was a officar than i would want at least a ps90 in the car with some ss190 rounds.

While I am on the topic of PDW rounds, it might have been this site but i cant say for sure buy i saw a vid a while back of a new PDW round that was going to be fitted in to glocks. Do yall know anything about this? I can get the vid if you want.
- never mind here it is.......

[video=google;-2810337758974217086]http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-2810337758974217086&q=FN+five+seven&total=32&start=20&num=10&so=0&type=search&plindex=5[/video]

·
Registered
89 Posts
Addison FNs

We selected the FN PS90 carrying the SS190 LE round. The main reason we selected the FN is the short terminal ballistics, will punch through body armor, and it can be deployed sitting behind the wheel of a squad car.

We have caught some heat about the FN...mainly from the AR-15 crowd, but the officers really like it and it is very accurate in the hands of most people.

I have plans on buying some P90s next year for our SRT.

Nice site......

Lt. P Spencer
Addison PD, TX

·
Registered
12 Posts
The agencies can order ammor directly from FN and upon clearance from FN and BAFTE the ammo is sent out from a customs bonded werehouse.

The agency receiving is responsible for the safeguarding of the ammo.
There is no requirement for accounting where the rounds went but only that they are accounted for in some way.

I previously ordered over 5000 rounds of SS 190 for my agency.
It had to wait for clearance from BAFTE.

·
Registered
89 Posts
In regards to LOEs using the ss190 in their offduty guns...I have put in a request for a determination from ATF Dallas...the desk agent stated he did not think it was an issue but he is going to get an offical ruling. :grin:

·
Registered
12 Posts
Off-duty carry of the SS190 is very questionable..
Please do post what you find out..

I carry 150 rounds of it with my P90.
I have to account for all of the rounds..but if I'm involved in a shooting where I used the AP then I better be able to account of where the rounds went.

The SS190 is our duty carry round in the P90's.

I was issued 150 rounds of SS190 and no more..so I don't know how you would be able to get more for your off-duty. Heck if the agency says okay then the liability falls upon the agency since the ammo is controlled.

Big responsibility for the department, since the ammo came out of it's supplies..

1 - 20 of 29 Posts