FN Herstal Firearms banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Premium Member
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
One of the my customers wrote...."I have tried the trigger thingy and it is the greatest single inprovement for accuracyvyou can do for the PS-90, Trigger feel is so good that my accuracy inproved 50% @ 50
yards. groups improved 2.5 inches"

·
Registered
569 Posts
Since I'm curious and this doesn't permanently alter the trigger pack I've decided to be the guinea pig and try it out on my PS90's.
Tomac

·
Registered
569 Posts
Okay, after a small delay my "Adjust-A-Pulls" arrived today. Using nothing but what came in the envelopes it only took about 15min per PS90 to install them (going slowly on the kitchen table, didn't want to risk breaking something expensive), installation went smooth w/no problems encountered except those caused by my fumbling fingers. The very complete instructions recommend initially setting it at the middle/3rd setting (appx 5.5lbs) but I wanted just a little lighter so I set mine at the 2nd setting which is appx 4.8lbs (pull selections are appx 4, 4.8, 5.5, 6.3 & 7). After the first install I compared the AAP pull to the 2nd PS90's factory pull. Big difference! I don't have a way to accurately measure the new pull's weight but it's definitely much lighter (I think the 4lb setting may be too light!) and makes the other problems associated w/bullpup linkages much more tolerable, IMHO. I think double taps are going to be much easier to do now. I'm headed to the range this weekend and will post a range report when I've had the chance to test this a bit. So far I'm very impressed w/the ease of installation, actual affect on trigger pull and that it makes no permanent mods to the trigger pack. Stay tuned!...
Tomac

·
Registered
15,557 Posts
Interesting :p

I think I'd be tempted to do it if I had anothet trigger pack I could do the adjustment to, and have 1 to put it back to stock.

I spent so much on the rifle - I'm kinda scared to screw w/ it, as gunsmithing is not a talent I have.

·
Registered
569 Posts
ShipWreck said:
Interesting :p
I think I'd be tempted to do it if I had anothet trigger pack I could do the adjustment to, and have 1 to put it back to stock.
I spent so much on the rifle - I'm kinda scared to screw w/ it, as gunsmithing is not a talent I have.
I know where you're coming from, I wouldn't have tried this if it involved permanent mods to the trigger pack. However, this is 100% reversable although it's more difficult to get the factory coil spring reinstalled than it is to remove it. To be honest I don't think there's anything to worry about as the instructions are very detailed & complete and all you're doing is replacing the factory coil spring w/another that's adjustable (if "all thumbs" me can do it, *anyone* can do it...).
Tomac

·
Registered
15,557 Posts
I saw the guys original posts w/ his instructions (it was either another thread or on the "other" forum). I might be able to get it done, but it was the difficulty of trying to put it back to stock that is stopping me. I'd probably need someone to sho wme how. As that inventor guy doesn't live in my town, the likely hood of that is nil :p

Anyway - I only have 160 rounds thru mine so far. I'll put more rounds thru it first before I decide if I will do that I think.

·
Registered
569 Posts
ShipWreck said:
I saw the guys original posts w/ his instructions (it was either another thread or on the "other" forum). I might be able to get it done, but it was the difficulty of trying to put it back to stock that is stopping me. I'd probably need someone to sho wme how. As that inventor guy doesn't live in my town, the likely hood of that is nil :p
Anyway - I only have 160 rounds thru mine so far. I'll put more rounds thru it first before I decide if I will do that I think.
He also posted instructions on how to reinstall the factory coil spring but to be honest if I were forced to put it back in I think I'd just let my local 'smith do it for $5 rather than sweat doing it myself.
Tomac

·
Registered
15,557 Posts
I looked at his pdf instructions again...

Pretty detailed...... I guess nothing good is easy. BUt, I think I'll have to pass.

·
Premium Member
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Re-Installation of the coil spring

Since everyone seems leary of the re-installation of the original coil spring, I thought better sooner than later to get an instruction manual put together.
My method of doing it can be viewed with Adobe reader at:
http://ps90.4gunlovers.com/PS90_Re-Install_Coil_Spring.PDF

The real trick is to get the long tail end of the coil spring down into the hammer pack and under the lower pin. The rest is easy...

·
Registered
569 Posts
Just got back from doing a cold-weather test of the Adjust-A-Pull. Temp was 20F w/a bright and clear morning. 120rds of SS195 fired, encountered no problems of any kind & double taps out to 100yds using gloves are much faster and easier to make now. Setting #2 (appx 4.8lbs) appears to be a good compromise between lightness and safety. Unless a catastrophic problem/failure of some kind occurs this is a keeper for me...
Tomac

·
Registered
569 Posts
ShipWreck said:
Tree said:
I have one of these kits that I have never installed. If someone wants to try it I'll send it to you for $30.
Man, I am so tempted... But I have no skills :p to install it :p
You don't need skills or tools. Fumble-fingers me did it in less than 15 minutes w/just what came in the envelope.
Tomac

·
Premium Member
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
After much deliberation, I have decided to pull the Adjust-A-Pull Trigger System from the market and have offered full refunds to the purchsers of the product so far.
In discussion with my legal friends, it is probably best not to produce and market this product.
I appreciate your input and would like to thank everyone for your continued support.

·
Registered
569 Posts
Shucks and other comments! Rather than risk putting you into legal hot water I'll remove the Adjust-A-Pull and restore the original coil spring.
Tomac

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.