FN Herstal Firearms banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all,
I have a JP adjustable gas block that uses an allen wrench screw to adjust the gas pressure. The problem I am having is that after a few rounds being fired, the screw moves from the vibration thus resulting in a weapons malfunction. Anyone have any luck fixing this problem of setting an adjustment screw WITHOUT using loctite products? I was thinking of wrapping a few strands of that plumbers teflon tape around it. Any thoughts?

·
Registered
3,114 Posts
Sorry to say it but JP's design sucks! The Syrac or SLR adjustable gas blocks have addressed this issue with spring loaded detents ... no more adjustment screws vibrating loose. Between the two gas blocks, I think the SLR is superior in design and construction ... they look cooler as well! :?

Products | Syrac Ordnance

SLR Gas Blocks

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the input about alternative gas blocks but id rather find a way to solve the problem at hand without the purchase of a new block. Any other thoughts?

·
Registered
2,246 Posts
I like the plumber's tape idea, just wonder though if it will get so hot it melts away? Worth A try I suppose. also I like Wilson combat gas blocks, they have a set screw you tighten down after adjustment is made. good luck with the plumbers tape

1 - 6 of 6 Posts