FN Herstal Firearms banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just installed adjustable sights on my FN and wanted to know if anyone has any experience with setting up your sights with your plinking ammo vs. your self defense ammo. I use AE 40 grain and sometimes SS197 ammo for plinking but have S4M ammo for self defense, is the point of impact negligible at 10 yds with these rounds? I can't seem to find any ballistics calculators for these rounds and kinda don't want to spend another couple hundred dollars on more S4M ammo to compare.

·
Registered
470 Posts
My experience has been hand loads impact higher than 195 which is higher than 197 which is higher than AE. I'm sure that 198 is just under the hand loads. But this is all measured in inches of difference at 25 yards. Much much closer, you won't notice that much of a difference. And if I had been using a silhouette target instead of a bullseye, I still would've ended up in the critical area(s).

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I figured close range wouldn't be too much difference. I kept my fixed sights there is no point in getting rid of them. Eventually I will build up an upper i can just swap in whenever.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts