FN Herstal Firearms banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hey folks-
I just picked up a LNIB FNP45. Love it, fits my hand like it was MADE for me. I will often upgrade the sights on my sidearms, especially those intended to fill the bedside first line of home defense role, which is the purpose of this one. I've had good experience with Meprolight and LPA sights. To those of you who have swapped sights, can you make a recommendation for adjustables for my FNP? Preferably night visible like Meprolight, but any 3 dot adjustable will do.
I'm assuming it's the same dovetail configurationas the FNX45?
What model did you use?
I have a decent sight pusher, so the job should be easy.

Here's the new baby:

Light Blue Input device Gas Trigger

Air gun Trigger Gun barrel Wood Gun accessory

Trigger Gun barrel Gun accessory Air gun Electric blue

Toy Font Gas Electric blue Engineering

Any information you can provide will be greatly appreciated-

DrGunner

Registered
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
OK- 2 days, 70 views, not one reply....

Do I smell bad? 馃槀

Just looking for a little information here.
If the sights I'm seeking are a unicorn- as in, if some of you have looked for adjustable sights for your FNP/FNX Pistols and never found any, that's useful information, as a consensus of owners saying so can be helpful- I can stop wasting my time looking.

Anyone?

Registered
Never looked or have seen adjustables for my FNP45's, Tactical or USG. On all the ones I've had the sights were all perfectly set for me. For night sights you can try and find the originals FN had on the Tactical, still just fixed. That's all I can help with. Good luck.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
That's very helpful information, THANKS.
I've only had mine to the range once, and it shot dead center perfect with a 6 o'clock hold. I guess I'll just order up some Meprolight sights and stop sweating the small stuff.

I appreciate the 411

DrG

Registered
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I put Trijicon HD鈥檚 on mine. Not adjustable but great hi viz I鈥檓 any lighting with tritium inserts for night
Thanks for that 馃憤馃徎. I've had to mine to the range again since I posted this and determined that adjustable sights are not going to be needed at all, and I am looking hard at the Trijicons. I'd like to get something that has good daylight visibility for target work as well as the night sight inserts, and they do have options for that. Here is a photo of the target shot with the first two mags through mine, 27 feet.
Dishware Tableware Badge Art Circle

Thanks for weighing in!

DrG

Registered
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
on all of the guns that I've upgraded my sights I've gone with trijicon hd night sights and have no problems with them at night.
Hows your daylight visibility on them?

I ask because I put Meprolight sights on a Beretta, and my groups GREW!

I wear a progressive no line bifocals and have astigmatism, so I'm sure that plays a part.
I felt that the Meprolight's just weren't as distinct in my visual field as the original white three dots sights they replaced. I just don't want to spend $140 on a set of sights for my go to bedside FNP45, and then find that I shoot worse with it.

I was looking at these options @ MGW-

Which ones do you guys have?

DrGunner

Registered
well I'm almost 70 and had cataract and corrective surgery 2 yrs ago which helped. I use the trijicon hd night sights with the yellow outline front sight I see the yellow better then the orange partly because I'm also color blind. I also have a astigmatism. I bought a Vortex Venom red dot which I wish I didn't because the dot is more of a fuzzy cotton ball. read an article in Guns and Ammo on Red Dots the author said that would happen if you have a astigmatism. so I'll stick with the iron sights.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts