FN Herstal Firearms banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
6,545 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I have nothing, not a thing bad to say about my new Recon SW mount other than the fact that a 9/64" Hex bit for torqueing has turned out to be a challenge to locate. If you've got one inbound make sure you have a 9/64" hex bit to torque the rings. ADM does supply an allen wrench but you can't use it for torqueing. Even the Wheeler Fat Wrench basic kit doesn't have one. ADM doesn't seem to like answering their phone -I know, they could be busy- and a 2 day wait is minimum for an email inquiry reply. I'd like to zero my new scope this weekend. Yeah, I should have been more prepared which is why I'm starting this thread so no one else makes the same mistake. I do have an option which would be using a Torx head screw which I have access to many, just hope one will match up with the provided ADM's. Good luck and be prepared!

·
Registered
3,731 Posts
Got a metric and imperial hex and torx keys set from Home Depot for like $30. Don't use the cheap chinese crap, I had one set and now almost every torx bit has been stripped or bend.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Thanks for this thread! Just picked up one in Fde from Stryker (thanks for all the help by the way) and it's currently inbound. I will make a run to the store today now that i got the heads up!

·
Registered
6,545 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I could've called the Snap-Off man but he's on vacation.

Got a metric and imperial hex and torx keys set from Home Depot for like $30. Don't use the cheap chinese crap, I had one set and now almost every torx bit has been stripped or bend.

Reactions: CPTdaz

·
Registered
6,545 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
You do that, it will make life much easier. Certainly the torqueing will go well.

Thanks for this thread! Just picked up one in Fde from Stryker (thanks for all the help by the way) and it's currently inbound. I will make a run to the store today now that i got the heads up!

·
Registered
6,545 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Hmm, so the LaRue rings just snap together? The QD latches were a simple 3/8" flathead screwdriver, it's the 8 screws for the rings that screwed me.

Should have gone Larue :-o No torquing needed out of the box.

Reactions: Kev

·
Registered
6,545 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
That's wrong Tal, just plain wrong. :evil:

Remember Kids "Just Say NO to Drugs"! Drugs are bad and don't blend well with firearms.

:-o

:mrgreen:

·
Registered
6,545 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Okay then, all replies posted, whew!

UPDATE:

Saved by my FFL who just so happened to have a 9/64" x 1" 1/4" Hex Drive Bit, interestingly it's never been used. Imagine that! Bit in hand I'm off to torque!

·
Registered
3,731 Posts
Should have gone Larue :-o No torquing needed out of the box.
Yeah, no need to tight things down because your grouping will be jacked up anyways. :lol:

·
Registered
6,701 Posts
Hmm, so the LaRue rings just snap together? The QD latches were a simple 3/8" flathead screwdriver, it's the 8 screws for the rings that screwed me.
Yep! Set it and forget it. :-D

Yeah, no need to tight things down because your grouping will be jacked up anyways. :lol:
Thats the spirit! :mrgreen: :lol:

·
Registered
6,545 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Jacked up to 11 running at ludicrous speed, I'm hoping. :?

·
Registered
6,545 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
It's finally torqued permanent at 26 in/lb and Vibra-Tite.

·
Registered
6,701 Posts
Nice Seamac! Im sure shes going to shoot great. Killer setup you have indeed. :shock:

·
Registered
6,545 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Thanks Kev,

I appreciate that. I'm hoping to get to the range on Saturday and really hope it doesn't rain. I've still got a few things to do before I'll call it complete. I just got my Gear Sector GS-3120 but no M300V to mount.....

·
Registered
6,701 Posts
Great combo for sure :) can't wait to see it all setup. No fuzzy pics next time ;)

·
Registered
6,545 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I realized the camera lens on my phone is filthy, I promise to use my real camera next time. I spoke w/Nefarious Arms earlier and need to get my barrel chopped and Surefire FH pin/welded bringing it down to 16.1" OAL. I should have my M300V before it leaves for Marvin. My FFL has hooked up with a really good Cerakote'r so it may be OD green before too long as well. So many decisions....

Great combo for sure :) can't wait to see it all setup. No fuzzy pics next time ;)

1 - 20 of 28 Posts