FN Herstal Firearms banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Quick and simple question. Can the ADM Delta 34mm mount be attached either direction so the QD levers are on the opposite side of the rifle from where you choose to have your charging handle? Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Not cantilever right? So I am going to go with yeah.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Yes, it is not a cantilever mount. Looks to me like you should be able to mount it either way, just looking for a definitive answer.

·
Registered
31 Posts
I ran the 30mm Delta mount on the opposite side on my SCAR17 with the Vortex Razor 1-6, since I am left eye dominant, and it worked fine. Still waiting for the 34mm ADM mount to arrive from Stryker Enterprises for the Vortex Razor 1-10 sitting restlessly in its box, but I imagine it will function flawlessly as well.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I ran the 30mm Delta mount on the opposite side on my SCAR17 with the Vortex Razor 1-6, since I am left eye dominant, and it worked fine. Still waiting for the 34mm ADM mount to arrive from Stryker Enterprises for the Vortex Razor 1-10 sitting restlessly in its box, but I imagine it will function flawlessly as well.

Haha, this is precisely why I'm asking. The Razor gen 3 1-10 is sitting on the dining room table with the mount scheduled for delivery tomorrow. thanks for the feedback.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Silly question, but has ADM always made the Delta mount w/ 34mm rings? I feel like an idiot, because for the last few weeks I have been searching for a mount for my Leupold Mark 6 (1-6x), and I could swear ADM only had a 30mm option listed when I went to their website. I ended up buying a RECON mount instead, and that thing is just terrible. The vertically split ring design and how the rings interface with the mount body itself make for a mount that is anything but mechanically rigid.

I ended up going w/ a Badger Ordnance #306-64, but now I'm wishing I had seen the 34mm DELTA option. I just went over to ADM's website again, and of course there is now a 34mm option in the drop-down menu for the DELTA mount. I'm starting to think they were just out of stock before and had removed the 34mm option from the drop-down menu.

·
Registered
286 Posts
I got a 30mm Delta over 2 years ago, and they had the 34mm then. I don't know how long before that though.

·
Registered
67 Posts
I got a 30mm Delta over 2 years ago, and they had the 34mm then. I don't know how long before that though.
Thanks. I just ordered the 34mm Delta direct from ADM. Wish I realized sooner that it was an option, but oh well. Will just have to sell the Badger 306-64 and take a small hit.

·
Registered
120 Posts
Thanks. I just ordered the 34mm Delta direct from ADM. Wish I realized sooner that it was an option, but oh well. Will just have to sell the Badger 306-64 and take a small hit.
Can you post a link to this 34mm delta mount? I only see the 1" and 30mm.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Can you post a link to this 34mm delta mount? I only see the 1" and 30mm.
Here you go - Delta 1-Piece QD Mount-Horizontal Rings

Had to get it direct from ADM @ the link above. Also, the 34mm option wasn't even available when I looked a few weeks ago. No online vendors are selling it either, apparently. That's why I ended up buying the RECON mount first and then the Badger Ordnance mount, neither of which I'm a big fan of for my SCAR setup (see post I made here for my detailed feedback on these 2 mounts). The DELTA should be perfect though!

I have a feeling these 34mm Delta mounts are contract overruns, which is why availability seems to be so spotty. Straight from the ADM website:

"Adapted to the FN SCAR program; approved by SOCOM. NSN 1005-13-121-5535"

·
Registered
67 Posts
Midway usa also has them right now.
I just looked, and I want to say they are the “tactical lever” variants that are in stock (part # has “TL” in it). Pic of the FDE color mount also shows a cantilever model for AR15 receivers. I’d call them and verify before ordering.

I personally prefer the ADM standard lever shape. Had one of their “tactical lever” Aimpoint mounts for my B&T TP9-N SBR, and the extension on the lever was making contact with the receiver of my TP9-N. The lever wouldn’t even close or lock!! Had to send it back and ordered the standard lever variant, which I have no complaints about. The standard lever shape is still great and plenty easy to manipulate. I don’t really know why ADM chose to complicate their product line by introducing the TL variants. I realize this might not be a problem for most receiver types, but now one has to test fit or check for clearance if mounting on anything besides a mil-spec AR15.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I just looked, and I want to say they are the “tactical lever” variants that are in stock (part # has “TL” in it). Pic of the FDE color mount also shows a cantilever model for AR15 receivers. I’d call them and verify before ordering.

I personally prefer the ADM standard lever shape. Had one of their “tactical lever” Aimpoint mounts for my B&T TP9-N SBR, and the extension on the lever was making contact with the receiver of my TP9-N. The lever wouldn’t even close or lock!! Had to send it back and ordered the standard lever variant, which I have no complaints about. The standard lever shape is still great and plenty easy to manipulate. I don’t really know why ADM chose to complicate their product line by introducing the TL variants. I realize this might not be a problem for most receiver types, but now one has to test fit or check for clearance if mounting on anything besides a mil-spec AR15.
Yes it definitely was the tactical lever version that I received. No clearance issues for me but I did not realize the FDE version pictured was a cantilever style. I'd also recommend verifying with midway on this before buying. No issues so far on the scar and hopefully I don't run into issues like you have but you never know :confused:.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts