FN Herstal Firearms banner

1 - 20 of 70 Posts

·
Registered
394 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just ordered a Leupold VX R Patrol 3x9 for my Black 17s from my LGS. I know, the Black 17s is so accurate that it does not need optics. However, my eyes are getting old and need a little help. I have narrowed my mount choices to ADM and LaRue. Which 30mm mount do you like?

·
Premium Member
25,418 Posts
I personally use, stock, and recommend ADM mounts.

30MM tube - 2 choices: ADM RECON-SW30, or the ADM SSR DELTA 30

I'm currently sold out an all 30MM units.

-SS

·
Registered
604 Posts
I,too, am a fan of ADM mounts. I've got a couple of Recon-Xs and they've both been reliable and repeatable. But I also have love for LT mounts, so there really isn't a bad choice to make. A couple of my bros have started using Bobro mounts and they swear by them. I don't own any personally, but they look really solid.

Reactions: Yewtaw Kid

·
Registered
687 Posts
I have alot of both, but I noticed that the clamping mechanism on the Larue rifles can slightly deform the underside of the rail. Moving forward, I'll only buy ADM. Both companies' customer service is responsive and awesome, too.
Do you think you might be setting the clamping mechanism a little too tight if it's deforming the rail? I ask because I've not noticed this behavior on any of my LaRue mounts. That said, one thing I do like better about the ADM system is that it has more contact area.

·
Registered
53 Posts
I'd grade the Larue mounts I have as a 99/100. I'd grade the one ADM I have as a 99.25/100........ They are BOTH EXCELLENT units.

·
Registered
76 Posts
ADM Delta was too large for my scope (NF 2.5-10x42) so I went with a Bobro, but the ADM Delta was very solid and well-built. I wouldn't hesitate to use it as a war hammer if a rifle were to jam, it's definitely over-built. I like the locking mechanism on the Bobro better, but I would certainly be very happy with the ADM as well. Haven't used the LaRue, so no feedback on that one.

·
Registered
4,325 Posts
I agree wit this:

I have alot of both, but I noticed that the clamping mechanism on the Larue rifles can slightly deform the underside of the rail. Moving forward, I'll only buy ADM. Both companies' customer service is responsive and awesome, too.
This guy works:

I personally use, stock, and recommend ADM mounts.

30MM tube - 2 choices: ADM RECON-SW30, or the ADM SSR DELTA 30

I'm currently sold out an all 30MM units.

-SS

·
Registered
344 Posts
I believe the Delta mount weights in at 8.5 oz and the Bobro 30mm offerings weight in at 7.5 oz. The Delta mount has two clamping levers and most Bobro mounts have one. The levers on the Delta mount appear to be tucked in closer to the mount body than the Bobro's lever that protrudes out more.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Does anyone know of a place that has the ADM FDE Delta 30 MM in stock. Midwest Industries will let me add it to my cart, but I want to make sure it's actually in stock before I order. Thanks for any help!

·
Premium Member
25,418 Posts
Does anyone know of a place that has the ADM FDE Delta 30 MM in stock. Midwest Industries will let me add it to my cart, but I want to make sure it's actually in stock before I order. Thanks for any help!
They're out of stock, just like myself. Last PO ADM filled was back in June, due to an issue with the anodizing and nobody wanted them (they looked like black and tan zebras).

I checked with ADM a couple of days ago and haven't received a reply yet. As soon as I have them back in stock, I'll post up.

-SS

1 - 20 of 70 Posts