FN Herstal Firearms banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,239 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Been a member here for a few years. I understand the need for ads to be ran to support the forum, but the Ford ads that pop up and you can't close are getting old. I love this forum, but with the increase in ads popping up is taking away from the enjoyment of this site. If I want to look at your product I will click on your ad, you don't need to continually shove it in my face. Rant over.
:!:

Reactions: SONYtec and Kev

·
Registered
3,284 Posts
I hear ya... it seems to be an unclosable pop up, and to boot ... is right over the top of the thread " list " that gets populated when I click on " New Posts"... I can't seem to get around it and it diverts my attention.
It's not like it say's... " MK ECH's & MK Rollers get your's today @ MKS..." LOL and evenif it did.... that would bother me !
PITA !

·
Registered
421 Posts
hmm... what browser are you guys using? Not appearing on Safari.

·
Registered
514 Posts
I am using Safari and I don't have this issue. Remember guys it cost to run this site such as server cost, bandwidth, and other. Someone is paying for this site to keep live up and running. Not to mention time and energy...

By chance are you running a windows platform? You gotta get a MAC. Makes a world of difference!

·
Registered
1,239 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Google Chrome, which is probably the problem.

·
Banned
4,531 Posts
I started getting these as well so I went into my control panel, "delete/add program" found a program that I didn't recognize or load but was recently added by the indicated install date and I deleted it and these pesky ads went away. I didn't pay attention to the name so I'm not much help as far as that goes. Sorry...

·
Registered
421 Posts
I started getting these as well so I went into my control panel, "delete/add program" found a program that I didn't down recognize or load but was recently added by indicated install date and I deleted it and these pesky ads went away. I didn't pay attention to the name so I'm not much help as far as that goes. Sorry...
P-Factor may have hit the nail on the head. Fired up a PC here with IE11 which we keep isolated for testing. No issues. Sounds like an adbot program hitching ride.

·
Registered
1,051 Posts
Firefox + Adblock plus = you will never see another ad again unless it's written into the website.

I've used this site with IE and between the "FEMA Banned This Video" and the dumb truck ad that pops up.. UGH- to much crap. While some might bring up the argument that "Ads bring revenue" etc etc I NEVER click on any ads. There are just to many malware laden links out there to chance it. I would rather Google what the ad says and go from there.

·
Registered
22,109 Posts
Ya that ford ad is square, instead of the retangular banner everything else is. Ditto on the posts I thanked.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts