FN Herstal Firearms banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
8,610 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone suppress thus sig mpx? I picked up mine today- pics to follow (finally I got it)- but noticed the muzzle device is behind the rail, and I'm not sure how I'm going to be able to quiet this beast! Thoughts? I'm good with a standard 1/2x28, but UF I have to go with 3 lug- I can. Planning on running tirant-9, revolution 9, octane 45- configured in 9, with this set up.

·
Premium Member
1,254 Posts
OK got some answers for you. The Sig SRD MPX which is the specific silencer that they are making for the MPX and threads directly onto the barrel is 1.38" diameter. Almost all of the other silencers on the market or this diameter or smaller so any of them will fit in the hand guard.

I would personally put a TROS 3-lug on there and run a Griffin Revolution 9 or SilencerCo Octane 9 on there.

·
Registered
8,610 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
OK got some answers for you. The Sig SRD MPX which is the specific silencer that they are making for the MPX and threads directly onto the barrel is 1.38" diameter. Almost all of the other silencers on the market or this diameter or smaller so any of them will fit in the hand guard.

I would personally put a TROS 3-lug on there and run a Griffin Revolution 9 or SilencerCo Octane 9 on there.
only problem with the 3 lug would be access to the point of attachment. Pics to follow.

·
Premium Member
1,254 Posts
You take the handguard off and then attach the 3-lug adapter. For the silencer you just push and twist and it will lock on. The interior is large enough to accommodate it.

·
Registered
8,610 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
You take the handguard off and then attach the 3-lug adapter. For the silencer you just push and twist and it will lock on. The interior is large enough to accommodate it.

Playing out options--- what about an adapter 1/2x28? Would u need enlarged/longer than standard adapter? Remember this is also funny sig lh twist stuff.

·
Registered
8,610 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Exploring options as one may elect to run octane 45 with end cap, on sig, while running a revolution 9 on a ps90.

·
Premium Member
1,254 Posts
So do you not think that it will fit? Sig shows that it will. You could just direct thread it also instead of the 3-lug. I just like QD stuff.

·
Registered
377 Posts
I am about 45-50 days into the wait on my eForm 1 to SBR my MPX. I have a Tirant 45 with 9mm piston and a Tirant 9S. I put a three lug mount on my MPX, but AAC has been completely f'd and can't seem to ship me the Triad adapter that they have had in stock since May so I have not been able to attach the suppressor yet. That said, both suppressors will attached beyond the forend with the 8 inch barrel that I have, but I do plan to purchase the 4 inch barrel once they are available while keeping the same forend. Both suppresors WILL fit inside the Foreend rail.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts