FN Herstal Firearms banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,I am new to this forum and seeking and advice on a possible PS90 purchase.I currently own an FS2000 and five seven handgun and like them both,my question is that I came across a white ring PS 90 NIB for $1250 ,is it a good buy at this price? or should I go ahead buy a tri-rail for about $300 more? I own an Acog, 552 Eotch and C-more that I can use on the new purchase.my goal is to remove the white ring sight and add an after market rails.pros, cons, cost what do you have to say??
regards

·
Premium Member
4,479 Posts
300 more to not have the option to use the white ring? I think I would choose the white ring. You then have the option of adding a REM2 light to it, making it a good sight. You can sell or keep the white ring and buy a rail to replace it, the rail only sits 1/4" higher than the rail on a tri-rail gun. This allows you to use your other optics or go back to the white ring/REM2 combo. Plus the tri-rail has no iron sights at all.

I can't see paying more to get less. But that's just my opinion.

·
Premium Member
3,591 Posts
For $300 more for a Tri-Rail...Your better off getting the PS90 Standard, then add an adjustable top rail and side rails from Critical Dimensions for about $120(or $180 less than the TR).
Then you will have the same capabilities of a TR but you would also have Backup Iron Sights, something the TR doesn't have.
You will also have the option of using the Ring Sight later one if you wish.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the quick replies,does the white ring sight use any kind of batteries?

·
Registered
15,557 Posts
rafa1 said:
Thanks for the quick replies,does the white ring sight use any kind of batteries?
No - it doesn't. It has a light collector, and tritium. But if U want to keep the white ring sight, I'd buy a REM2 LED attachment (they are sold by a sponsor here on the site)

·
Registered
1,519 Posts
I have a white ring PS90 and I like it, some don't. I'd buy the white ring for 300 bucks less and use the money to buy ammo and extra mags.

·
Vendor
5,620 Posts
I'd go with the Standard sight for the $1250.00. Since you already have spare optics you can just get a top rail and side rails. The side rails on the standard are bigger and give you more room and flexability than the Tri-Rail. I have both the Standard and a Tri-Rail with the C-more. I like the cheak weld better with the Standard.

You will need the REM 2 with the Standard. :D

Take a look at what it does.
http://fnforum.net/viewtopic.php?t=5563

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I tell you,from these replies the white ring is getting sweeter and I am getting convinced to get one,trying to get the best deal out their.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I'd go with the Standard sight for the $1250.00. Since you already have spare optics you can just get a top rail and side rails. The side rails on the standard are bigger and give you more room and flexability than the Tri-Rail. I have both the Standard and a Tri-Rail with the C-more. I like the cheak weld better with the Standard.

You will need the REM 2 with the Standard. :D

Take a look at what it does.
http://fnforum.net/viewtopic.php?t=5563
M1P90 what's the lead time on one them REM2 ? and how to submit a payment?

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I'd go w/the $1250 white ringsight. If you aren't happy w/the REM2 you might consider the TROS ultralow Aimpoint mount. Check for my review & pics here: http://fnforum.net/viewtopic.php?t=6156 .
Tomac
Tomac,I read your review and that what made acually consider the white ring PS90,to bad I do not own a compact acog nor an aimpoint ,another reason to buy new toy. Anyhow I was thinking to sell my Eotech 552 since I never like it.
BTW this site rock and it's full of helpful members.

·
Premium Member
4,479 Posts
I have a 2 512's and have a 557 and a 3x magnifyer on order. I love EOTechs. What is wrong with yours?

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Eotech makes a fine product,46 years old and never had 20/20 vision it's always been an issue for me without magnification that all.

·
Registered
15,557 Posts
Well, I will admit that I use my stronger prescription glasses when at the range. I can use the eotech with my normal glasses, but it brings the eotech out of slight fuzzyness. So, I can appreciate that.

In fact - on my 2 last trips - the small dot in the middle sometimes seems misshapen. I think I may be starting to develop an astigmatism or something....

·
Registered
156 Posts
In fact - on my 2 last trips - the small dot in the middle sometimes seems misshapen. I think I may be starting to develop an astigmatism or something....
Thats funny, I have dueling astigmatisms(the one in the right eye aims left and vice versa) and I have no problem with with my 512.

·
Registered
15,557 Posts
Well, an astigmatism is the excuse by the company - their reason why it's not clear to some people... That's all I know

1 - 19 of 19 Posts