FN Herstal Firearms banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
268 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I shot it at 25, 50, and 100 yards with the standard reflex sight.
I tried to like the reflex sight, but to sum it up, it sucks monkey balls. In broad daylight, I was unable to get a clear reticle at 100 yd or 50 yd. It was OK at 25 yd, but the sight picture sucks.

SS195 groupings at 25 and 50 yd were fairly tight (definitely will hit center of mass on a human sized target). I will post pics of the targets later.

My PS90 had TWO malfunctions. One was a cartridge where the bullet was set back a LOT after slamming into the receiver. The other was a short stroke (I'm using 35-40c/rd FN ammo, NOT Wolf).

I discovered that the weird jam was because of a magazine spring failure!! The next round FELL OUT of the magazine with the following round still 90 degrees in rotation (it didn't popup). Think of it as a stuck AR15 mag follower where the top rounds just fall out. I am going to call FN Herstal and see what they can do.

I also noticed that one could easily wear out the P90 mags through normal use resulting in a useless magazine (feed "lips" or humps will wear out over time). At $50 a mag, they are quite expensive "disposable" wear items.

My recommendation is to ditch the reflex sight asap. It was designed for REMFs who can't shoot the broad side of a barn, so the P90 + crappy reflex sight makes for a great spray and pray combination. If you desire anything resembling accuracy, get an aftermarket sight.

What would you recommend? EOTech, Aimpoint, or... for 25-200 yd shooting?

·
Premium Member
3,531 Posts
Aimpoint is truly rugged - but bulky and overpriced for this weapon.
I'd go with Holosight and call it good - if you want brand name.

Me - I went with Barska reflex sight.

Cheers,

-TH

·
Registered
268 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
So the Bushnell Holosight (EOTech w/o hood) is a good aftermarket solution? Isn't a little bulky for the PS90?

I'm hesitant to go with the holo reflex sight because it'll be the only optic for the PS90. The side BUIS is fuzzy when I tried to use it at the range. My eye couldn't focus on the front post.

·
Premium Member
3,531 Posts
metroplex said:
So the Bushnell Holosight (EOTech w/o hood) is a good aftermarket solution? Isn't a little bulky for the PS90?

I'm hesitant to go with the holo reflex sight because it'll be the only optic for the PS90. The side BUIS is fuzzy when I tried to use it at the range. My eye couldn't focus on the front post.
That is why I squared the front post to 90 degree angle.

·
Registered
268 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
It wasn't because of the shape, I just couldn't focus on the front post because it was too close to my eye. I suspect the USG rail's BUIS would be the same, but so far one person said it was very sharp.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts