FN Herstal Firearms banner
1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How many of you would be interested in an aftermarket trigger pack for the PS90? I have access to the equipment and materials to manufacture the packs. I am only gauging interest right now. I am fairly certain I will make at least one for myself first and conduct the necessary testing to insure quality and proper function. I am not sure on the cost, but I know it would have to be less than the take out parts CMMG sells. I don't know of anywhere else they are sold.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Contingent on assurances that it's 100% safe and an actual improvement from stock I would be interested.

Still waiting for mine to arrive (Monday it looks like) but reviews seem to indicate a less than perfect trigger (weight and slack) in the production gun.

·
Registered
22,118 Posts
Sounds interesting, go for it!

·
Registered
1 Posts
I'm in for a trigger pack, assuming the quality equals or exceeds fn's. If prices were right I would most likely get two or three.

What else could you make, I really don't like relying on fn form spare parts?

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Other than a trigger pack, I could probably only do small parts (i.e. trigger, fire selector, butt plate).

·
Registered
5 Posts
Unless you can drop the trigger pull down a lot I don't see the point other than to have spare parts, and considering that I don't read about to many trigger problems I can't see the market being that large.

I'm not trying to rain on your parade but I figured I'd add my two cents since you asked.

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
mwbbrown said:
Unless you can drop the trigger pull down a lot I don't see the point other than to have spare parts, and considering that I don't read about to many trigger problems I can't see the market being that large.

I'm not trying to rain on your parade but I figured I'd add my two cents since you asked.
I am going to manufacture one for myself anyway. It won't be difficult to make extras. I don't have any plans to get rich off of it. Just something to do with my time. Oh, and I have an umbrella. :p

·
Registered
22,118 Posts
Let us know how it goes and post pictures when available.

I would be interested in buying.

·
Registered
59 Posts
A lot of people said there is no reason to change out the trigger on the AR, yet look at all the aftermarket triggers available now. I can name probably ten different triggers off the top of my head.

So, to answer your original question, yes I'd be interested in seeing what you could provide. If you could make a better (perhaps even adjustable) trigger pack without charging FN prices, you could be very successful, IMHO.

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Still in R&D. Time constraints have slowed the process. I'm testing different plastics for performance and cost at this point.

·
Registered
49 Posts
I really wouldn't mind having an aluminum or steel trigger pack. I don't really trust plastics so much.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Polymers have come a long, long way in the past few years. I have no trouble with having "plastic" parts on my weapons. Still an aftermarket trigger group is an attractive proposition. Any time we can have alternatives to a single source supplier, we're better off.

·
Registered
129 Posts
X-51 said:
I really wouldn't mind having an aluminum or steel trigger pack. I don't really trust plastics so much.
80% of the P90 is plastic, I think you picked the wrong weapon!

I will tell you, I have submerged mine, fell on top of it, hit it very hard with a helmet (fell in a hole while running), & it still works 100% of the time.

·
Registered
22 Posts
I would buy one. Drop me a line when you think be able to make one for me. :)

1 - 20 of 36 Posts