FN Herstal Firearms banner

Aftermarket trigger pack

9K views 35 replies 23 participants last post by  No. 6 
#1 ·
How many of you would be interested in an aftermarket trigger pack for the PS90? I have access to the equipment and materials to manufacture the packs. I am only gauging interest right now. I am fairly certain I will make at least one for myself first and conduct the necessary testing to insure quality and proper function. I am not sure on the cost, but I know it would have to be less than the take out parts CMMG sells. I don't know of anywhere else they are sold.

#2 ·
Contingent on assurances that it's 100% safe and an actual improvement from stock I would be interested.

Still waiting for mine to arrive (Monday it looks like) but reviews seem to indicate a less than perfect trigger (weight and slack) in the production gun.

#3 ·
Sounds interesting, go for it!

#7 ·
Unless you can drop the trigger pull down a lot I don't see the point other than to have spare parts, and considering that I don't read about to many trigger problems I can't see the market being that large.

I'm not trying to rain on your parade but I figured I'd add my two cents since you asked.

#8 ·
mwbbrown said:
Unless you can drop the trigger pull down a lot I don't see the point other than to have spare parts, and considering that I don't read about to many trigger problems I can't see the market being that large.

I'm not trying to rain on your parade but I figured I'd add my two cents since you asked.
I am going to manufacture one for myself anyway. It won't be difficult to make extras. I don't have any plans to get rich off of it. Just something to do with my time. Oh, and I have an umbrella. :p

#9 ·
Let us know how it goes and post pictures when available.

I would be interested in buying.

#14 ·
A lot of people said there is no reason to change out the trigger on the AR, yet look at all the aftermarket triggers available now. I can name probably ten different triggers off the top of my head.

So, to answer your original question, yes I'd be interested in seeing what you could provide. If you could make a better (perhaps even adjustable) trigger pack without charging FN prices, you could be very successful, IMHO.

#18 ·
Polymers have come a long, long way in the past few years. I have no trouble with having "plastic" parts on my weapons. Still an aftermarket trigger group is an attractive proposition. Any time we can have alternatives to a single source supplier, we're better off.

#19 ·
X-51 said:
I really wouldn't mind having an aluminum or steel trigger pack. I don't really trust plastics so much.
80% of the P90 is plastic, I think you picked the wrong weapon!

I will tell you, I have submerged mine, fell on top of it, hit it very hard with a helmet (fell in a hole while running), & it still works 100% of the time.

#26 ·
I was thinking of making one for myself also but I'm planning on making the entire trigger pack from billet aluminum.

My only problem so far is, I was taking the pack apart to get all the deminsions and I can't for the life of me get the pin out of the rear sear. Is there a trick to it I don't know about?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.