FN Herstal Firearms banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Banned
4,531 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
McALLEN (February 25, 2014) U.S. Border Patrol agents in Texas seized more than 36,000 rounds of ammunition found in an abandoned sport utility vehicle near the Mexican border, an agency statement said Tuesday.

The Border Patrol said agents in its Rio Grande Valley Sector made the rare discovery while acting on an anonymous tip to suspicious activity near the Rio Grande.

According to the authorities, agents were searching the Rio Grande City area across from Camargo, Mexico Monday when they saw eight people swimming back to Mexico.

The agents followed footprints north to the vehicle and found dozens of cardboard boxes containing ammunition for automatic rifles.

The Mexican government has been pressuring the United States to stop the trafficking of U.S. weapons, which it says has been fueling Mexico's bloody drug wars.

Agents Seize 36,000 Rounds Of Ammo Near Mexican Border

·
Registered
6,616 Posts
" The agents followed footprints north to the*vehicle*and found dozens of cardboard boxes containing ammunition for automatic rifles."

Wow they could tell that the ammunition was "Automatic rifle ammunition". That's a neat trick. GD media.

Reactions: SONYtec and Donnie

·
Registered
39 Posts
Where can one buy this "automatic rifle" ammunition? I wonder if it can be used on a semi automatic rifle? Experts, please chime in! I wonder if the original amount found was a larger number and was added to their personal stash!

·
Registered
740 Posts
Where can one buy this "automatic rifle" ammunition? I wonder if it can be used on a semi automatic rifle? Experts, please chime in! I wonder if the original amount found was a larger number and was added to their personal stash!
i wonder if t was left handed ammo too. we all know left handed ammo is the only ammo that runs in left handed firearms.....

·
Banned
4,531 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
You are correct about the media but nothing new, they play and thrive on sensationalism. This find could very well be a pallet of carnival grade .22 and receive the same hype...

·
Registered
1,051 Posts
You are correct about the media but nothing new, they play and thrive on sensationalism. This find could very well be a pallet of carnival grade .22 and receive the same hype...
I heard this joke about blondes, but the media may be a better fit:

Two reporters were redoing the roof on their house, one was holding the ladder and the other was nailing in the shingles. Every couple of minutes the reporter holding the ladder would see a nail being tossed down. The reporter at the bottom yelled up at the other reporter and asked "Hey what are you doing? Why are you throwing out all of those nails?" To which, the reporter on the roof yelled out, "The heads are on the wrong end." The reporter holding the ladder yelled back in disgust, "You idiot, those are for the OTHER side of the house."

·
Registered
641 Posts
I heard that this automatic weapon ammo, if used in a semi-auto rifle and even some bolt actions, will fire at full auto speed. I would like to try some it.

·
Registered
409 Posts
I'm sure Holder and Obama are complaining right now to each other that due to everyone not being the same page the Border Patrol intercepted 36k rounds of ammo meant for the cartels. Damn!

·
Registered
22,109 Posts
What does the ATF have to say about Automatic Ammo???

1 - 11 of 11 Posts