FN Herstal Firearms banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I picked up a complete 5.7x28mm AR15 on Sunday to go along with the PS90. Wanting to buy a little more SS197 I have been on the hunt since then. The only place I can find it is

http://www.cheaperthandirt.com/AMM253-5.html

$40 a box! Wow talk about increase in price!

Anybody know of a online seller that has SS197 at a better price?

I did find some SS195 (in a blue & white box) at Bass Pro for $21.95 but I would prefer some SS197.

Thanks in advance for the help.

·
Premium Member
4,479 Posts
Check out True Hunter Supply. They are a sponsor here. I bought some ammo from them last month. Good prices.

·
Registered
150 Posts
ouch yea that's a pretty penny, before i bought my weapon i was gonna get a PS90 then i remembered " special ammo for a 50 round mag would be a B#@$ to find nowadays " so i went wit the FS2000 instead , looks like i saved myself some heartache

·
Registered
22,109 Posts
See the inflated "list" price? :evil:

I refuse to get ripped off because of a feeding frenzy.

When all this hoopla dies down, things will get back to normal.

·
Banned
4,097 Posts
Agreed with checking sponsors!

·
Registered
15,559 Posts
Ammo is tough to find. I managed to get some from Ammo To Go almost 2 weeks ago - at the time, they were the ONLY ones with 197 in stock that I could find online. And, there were so backed up that it was over a week before they even shipped. By that time, they were sold out on their website. Luckily, my order was in at the right time, and I got mine.

·
Registered
414 Posts
You can still find them on gunbroker for $700 per 2000rnds. Stock up while u can guys. It ain't going to get cheaper, and might not even be available in the coming year, period.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks for the info.

I have 1000 rds (SS197) on backorder from Sportsman Guide for $21 a box.
Also 1000 rds (SS197) on backorder from Cabela from $21 a box.
And I just purchased 500 rounds (SS197) from Gunbroker for $20 a box.

Spent all my money on ammo so now I have to wait for the optics for the new 5.7 AR.

:(

Oh well I guess I have to get things in order of their "Possibility Of Being Ban" or POBB.

:evil:

·
Banned
112 Posts
I just came back from an extended deployment from my new 'job' and dropped in at a local gun shop. A deputy at a neighboring department told me they had 'practice ammo' for cheap. Found some SS196 for $19.96 a box. I picked up 500 rounds just to try it out because I hadn't heard of it.
Tried it out and it's pretty weak stuff. The only thing I could really think of it being good for is brass. I did a little research after I bought it and realized it was old stock and pretty anemic stuff.
I guess that will teach me to jump on something just because its cheap! :oops:

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Was the stuff at Bass Pro SS195 or SS197? What I found at Bass Pro (Pearland Texas) was SS195 but in the blue and white box that SS197 comes in. The SS195 I have seen everywhere else was in the plain white box.

·
Registered
475 Posts
still at less than $20 a box thats not bad for practice ammo, i wouldn't load with it unless i had too. hope you kept a box, who knows in a year or twenty it may be worth $$$$$$*

********************************** :D

·
Premium Member
4,479 Posts
Welcome Back Erica the Red! We missed you.

·
Banned
4,097 Posts
Oh yea! You should warn us of these "deployments" :?

·
Registered
150 Posts
iCeMaN said:
Oh yea! You should warn us of these "deployments" :?
they should warn us of these extended deployments, cause they never seem to tell you till our stuff is all packed :grin:

·
Banned
4,097 Posts
HAHA...Yea, that kinda sucks, my dad used to deal with that when he was in. :?

1 - 20 of 24 Posts