FN Herstal Firearms banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I want to have 2 ps90's..I already have a Black Tri rail...I really want the GReen Tri rail too..But at the same time I kinda want the USG, i like that you can put the longer rails looks nice, but i like the lower profile of the TRi and the looks too....Ahhh crap im goin nuts..im thinkin of just gettin 1 of each..already got black tri rail..so a green tri rail, black usg, and green usg. That should solve the problem, then i wont have to do all this thinkin! Decisions, decisions... 8) So guys am i crazy for thinkin of goin that route or what??

·
Registered
3,927 Posts
To answer the original posters question yes I think you are crazy. :?

I think the smart thing to do would be to keep you black TR and buy an ODGreen USG. You can swap stocks and all of their components if you really want to. and it will save you at least $3000

·
Registered
459 Posts
Thankfully I only wanted TriRail models so I purchased a black one and an ODG one.

As far as having "multiples" of the exact same gun....I assume "exact same gun" includes the color being the same. I do purchase multiples of the same gun in order to get different colors. I often purchase multiples because either I want one for "extra parts" or I don't think I'll be able to purchase another one at a later date due to limited availability (i.e. a limited run, etc). I may have a multiple because I "outfit" them differently and don't want to be changing out optics or other accessories all the time (lazy). I also sometimes have a duplicate because I take friends shooting who don't have guns and I let them use it without messing around with the one I shoot. There's other reasons I'm sure.

Guess it's sort of the same question my anti-gun mother always asks......"why do you have so many??? Isn't one enough"?

·
Registered
1,238 Posts
If it makes you feel good, do it.

·
Registered
520 Posts
Actually, you need six PS90s.

One of each color tri-rail.

One of each color USG.

And for posterity, one of each color white ring sight. :twisted:

·
Premium Member
3,590 Posts
Its no different than people that have 5 ARs, 5 AKs, etc....
or even more than one car. Do you really need more than one car? no but if you can afford it then good for you.

·
Banned
328 Posts
Its no different than people that have 5 ARs, 5 AKs, etc....

For the purpose of investment it's ok. Otherwise buying them for no reason other than to collect every variant is borderline OCD.

·
Registered
459 Posts
There are many people who collect "every variant" of different items and I hardly think they are all borderline OCD. Many have collections that are worth thousands and millions of dollars because of the number of "variants" they have collected. Collecting is not OCD in most cases.

In this case I DON'T think he sounds like he wants to "collect every variant". I think he's just excited about the gun and even though he has a couple he would like to buy some more or was merely saying it would be great to have all four of them. I've done it numerous times (muliple buying) and never regretted it as I "enjoyed" what I was purchasing even if in the end it didn't get shot. Some of my "multiples" weren't even different "variants" but indeed identical.

If you have more than one gun that shoots the same caliber then whats the reason for that? Would "just to have a variation" (boredom factor) be one reason? Is that reason any more valid than just "wanting all the different variants" of the FS2000? I don't think so. It boils down to want someone wants.

I'm glad someone is excited about the FS2000.....I've been very caught up with the FS2000 and the PS90 for over a year and have sold countless handguns and several longguns to obtain my FNs, optics, slings, and of course a very large stock of ammo. I certainly didn't spend more than I could afford and I don't regret selling any of my guns in order to buy the FNs. When I like something, I like it, period!!!!

·
Banned
328 Posts
There are many people who collect "every variant" of different items and I hardly think they are all borderline OCD.

It all depends on what you are buying and why. I never said the word "all". Also notice I said "for no other reason than..."

·
Registered
459 Posts
What you said was "Otherwise buying them for no reason other than to collect every variant is borderline OCD".

What I am saying is that "buying them FOR NO REASON OTHER THAN to collect every variant is NOT borderline OCD. Buying them for NO REASON OTHER THAN TO COLLECT every variant is one of the reasons people collect items".

It's a mute point, this guy is not buying them as "collectables" anyway. Implying that collecting/buying all four variants is borderline OCD is absurd, that's all. It can certainly be your opinon of what constitues "borderline OCD" but it's not mine. Again, mute point, the poster is not a collector that I'm aware of, just excited about the FS2000.

I hope the guy buys what he wants, what makes him happy. What we think really doesn't matter. I'm certainly not going to insult him by implying that if he wants all four variants ("just because") that he's borderline OCD.

I'm done.............

·
Registered
20 Posts
At different points in time I have had more than one of the same gun. Not different variations but the same exact model. When I "collected" 10mm handguns I had two of various S&W 10xx models. The benefit came when I needed money I sold the doubles and didn't feel any "loss" as I had another in waiting.

Now that I have a family and mortgages, etc. I don't see the point as I have less fun money but I still toy with the idea of adding another P7 as they aren't really in production anymore save for the occasional run from HK. I have about 12 AR-15 rifles but they are all configured differently. About eight different calibers, assorted barrel lengths, some set-up for CQB, some for long distance shooting, etc.

I think if you have the money and the desire then it's up to the user. To me there is not enough difference between the PS90 models for me to want them all, I could certainly live without the white ring sight models, but to each his own. I have a black PS90 Triple Rail and I like the OD too but I have an OD FS2000 so that satisfies me enough. I also have three different FNP pistols but they are different calibers.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts