FN Herstal Firearms banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
3,114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For those looking to get into a high quality Aimpoint red dot ... it doesn't get much better than this! Hope some of you can benefit from this post.

Deal of the Day

·
Registered
3,114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I was fixing to get 2 PRO's got two of these instead.

Thanks
They had 100 available ... at that price, I'm sure they flew out the door! Glad to hear you got the hookup rangerman ... great piece of optics!

·
Registered
1,162 Posts
I hear ya. I clicked your link and there were 44 available. Bought 2 and refreshed the page then it was 17. A few minutes later refreshed again and 0 were left. Thanks again.

I have a PRO now and love it.

I wonder how the 4 moa is gonna be? I really like the 2 moa on my PRO.....

·
Registered
3,114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I hear ya. I clicked your link and there were 44 available. Bought 2 and refreshed the page then it was 17. A few minutes later refreshed again and 0 were left. Thanks again.

I have a PRO now and love it.

I wonder how the 4 moa is gonna be? I really like the 2 moa on my PRO.....
It's funny you mention it ... I have always used 4MOA Aimpoints, ie CompM2's & T-1's, and always thought I would like a smaller dot so as soon as the 2MOA T-1 and PRO were released, I snagged one of each. It turns out that I prefer the bigger dot due to how I now zero my Aimpoints ... I don't cover the target with the dot but actually put the top of the dot's radius under the intended target, similar to a front pistol sight. I learned this BZO method from the instructor of the last carbine course I attended and it's changed the way I use my optics ... turns out ex-Rangers with multiple combat tours know some great tricks with Aimpoint optics; go figure! :-DLong story short, the bigger radius of the 4MOA dot makes it easier for my eyes to acquire my target and the dot no longer obscures my intended target. I've since BZO'ed ALL my rifles using this technique and my accuracy has improved across the board ... the 2MOA optics are now on my CQB rifles.

·
Registered
1,162 Posts
Thats kinda what I was thinking....sometimes that 2 moa dot is a little small with these older eyes....

·
Registered
1,162 Posts
LOL, it does suck...I find myself asking my son to run the digital TV remote control and when Im reading, I hold the book a little farther away....I think the 4 moa will be good. I guess they made it for us older folks.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts