FN Herstal Firearms banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
569 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is the new Aimpoint CompM4, the next evolutionary step in Aimpoint's excellent M2/M3 series. It uses a single AA battery for 8 years of 24/7 use at setting 12 and has 7 NV settings and 9 day settings (w/the last being extra bright). W/E caps are better protected as is the rear-facing brightness control knob (the indicator line on the knob is a nice touch, allowing you to visually check the appx brightness setting). The integral QD mount auto-sets proper torque when installing (so no need to guess how much torque to apply) and is keyed to the optic itself to absorb recoil & impacts. It also comes w/a detachable riser so as to make it compatible w/various platforms (shown removed in these pics). An ARD killflash is part of the package as is a heavy-duty rubber bikini lens cover (which seals very well against the elements but, IMHO, is somewhat slow to attach/remove). On my PS90's it sits low enough to provide excellent cheekweld when using the dual mag setup or good chinweld when using a single mag. Typical Aimpoint quality is evident everywhere. If you already have a good M2/M3 setup (or other optic) that you're happy with then the M4 probably isn't worth upgrading to. However, if you're in the market for a new Aimpoint or an excellent CQB optic that's good to go "right out of the box" w/mount, killflash & lens cover then the M4 is worth considering.
Tomac

·
Registered
569 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
ShipWreck said:
U da man 8)

Nice setup U got there :)
Thx! I read your post about how your Eotech was the only optic review so I thought I'd add this to the pot...
Tomac

·
Registered
24 Posts
I like how you have the allen wrench attached.

I seem to always be forgetting mine when I go to the range.

·
Registered
569 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
HMC said:
I like how you have the allen wrench attached.
I seem to always be forgetting mine when I go to the range.
Thx. It's an ongoing experiment looking for the best location to store it somewhere on the PS90 and this seems to be working well so far.
Tomac

·
Registered
636 Posts
Sweet how about an objective PIC tomac :?:

·
Registered
569 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
abpt1 said:
Sweet how about an objective PIC tomac :?:
I'll get one up no later than this weekend. Just the objective or do you want the eyepiece as well?
Tomac

·
Registered
569 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
abpt1 said:
Sure that would be cool...
I've added a couple of borrowed pics until I can add more of my own. Notice the removeable ARD killflash on the front and the indicator line on the rear brightness control which gives you a nice visual indication of the appx brightness setting.
Tomac

1 - 11 of 11 Posts