FN Herstal Firearms banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just recently bought a PS90 TR and was excited to get an optic for it. I bought a Larue Iron Dot for it as I wanted a small optic to keep the rifle compact and had read of cheek weld issues with a lot of optics being too high due to the height of the optic rail. Well the Iron Dot proved to be too high as the Iron Dot has a tall base, I assume to make it the right height for an AR15. I thought that the Fast Fire w/o the Iron DOt mount would work but didn't want to separate the two as I have plenty of AR15s and it would work well there.

I contemplated ordering a Fast Fire/Docter/JPoint type sight as a stand alone and also thought about a C-more, but with the C-More I would want the metal body sight so at about $400 figured no way. At any rate, I love all of my Aimpoint stuff and was thinking hard about the Aimpoint Micro but it's $500-$600 price was a bit steep. I was going to go for the H-1 as I didn't need NV compatibility but I was able to find a NIB T-1 for less than SWFA's H-1 price. So I bit the big, expensive bullet.

I must say I am glad that I did. As always, buy once, cry once seems to fit. This is a fantastic little optic and for me it is the perfect level on the PS90 optic rail for a great cheek weld. I have to make it to the range to zero it but I can see a lot of fun and usefulness with this sight. I almost bought an imitation Aimpoint Micro but decided against it (gladly) and then I almost went for Sig red dot as it looks just like the Aimpoint but has less battery life. In the long run though, I am glad that I have the Aimpoint.

For those wanting the (IMO) ideal optic for the PS90 TR take a close look at the Aimpoint Micro. Cheap and inexpensive? No, not at all. Worth the money? Yes indeed.

·
Registered
22,109 Posts
Ya, pics! :?

·
Registered
459 Posts
+1 on the Aimpoint Micro sights. I went with the H-1 for my PS90s and FS2000s. They have a built in mount and co-witness with my FS2000 iron sights.

Since I use the mag clamp on my PS90 I needed my H-1 sitting a little higher for a good cheek weld so I bought a Yankee Hill riser that rises it just a little higher off the rail. Works GREAT.

If I only used one mag on my PS90 (without the 2 mag with mag clamp set up), the H-1 mounted directly to the top rail is perfect. No need to purchase any other mount (unless you want some kind of quick disconnect).

I don't really have a good picture and the H-1s on these guns may or may not be in their "final" position but here's some quick shots.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts