FN Herstal Firearms banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I am new to the PS90 world, and really like my new rifle. I have a TriRail model, and posted a pic in the welcome forum. I have outfited it thus far with an ERT Sling, and borrowed my EOTech from my M4. I am looking at an Aimpoint Micro T-1, or a Zeiss Zpoint. Just wanted to know what any recomendations would be. I will be using my PS90 in a tactical, and light duty roll (PSD). So I would like something tough, and streamlined for vehicle use. I am also not dead set on those optics, just want some thoughts. TIA

·
Registered
475 Posts
both are very neat optics and are pretty similar in size. I have thought about both as well. if it were me i think i would lean more towards the aimpoint because the sight stays on all the time and has a battery life of over five years (no need to worry about it switching off). I think the aimpoint is a little bit more expensive but not enough to worry about to me. i don't have experience with either one but i'm sure the aimpoint is more popular around here.

·
Registered
265 Posts
I own and use a T-1 on a carbine and have been nothing but happy with it.

I have some limited exposure to the Zeiss, and it's a "neat" optic, but I would go with the Aimpoint for it's overall durability and battery life.

·
Registered
459 Posts
I use an H-1 (T-1 with no NV capability) on my PS90. I have it on a small Yankee Hill riser (since I use mag clamps I needed the optic to sit a little higher for a better cheek weld). Optic is great....really light and as mentioned, battery life is fantastic. I don't know anything about the Zeiss optic.

·
Registered
20 Posts
I just posted a little review on the site here about my Aimpoint Micro T-1 and have found it to be awesome! For me the T-1 is at the perfect height for me to get a great view with a cheek weld. Mine is mounted on the TR model PS90 and I was finding optics too high to keep a cheek weld until I got the T-1. FWIW, the H-1 is the same optic w/o night vision compatibility and runs about $75 to $100 cheaper than the T-1. I was going to try a Docter Optic or J Point red dot if the Aimpoint didn't work but I think it is about perfect on the PS90 TR.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts