FN Herstal Firearms banner

1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
1,179 Posts
Aimpoint for me. I like the smaller optics on my weapons as opposed to the bigger ones Eotech make. I like Eotech too just prefer Aimpoint!

·
Registered
876 Posts
EOTech, EOTech, EOTech......Bought an Aim Point T1 with LaRue adapter and it was hard to see when moving left, right, up, down. Honest to god Vortex Strike Fire's are so much better. I know Aim Point's rarely need replacement batteries but, I can change a battery and keep extras in my Magpul grip. Luckily I was able to sell the T1 to a friend of a friend who loves Aim Points and only lost $100.

Also I've had to deal with L3 Communications because of a button on a EXPS and they emailed me a free UPS label and replaced it within a week. Great customer service IMHO.

Reactions: foxnews2

·
Registered
637 Posts
I have several of both, and have had zero problems with any of them. I think it's just a matter of preference, but I would generally give the nod to Aimpoint for overall reliability. If I was gonna leave the house with one gun and one optic, it would be my TA31... my second choice would be my Comp M4. I rarely read about issues with Aimpoint products. Just my .02

·
Registered
876 Posts
Ok now we are bringing out the big boys. Thumbs up to ACOG's! I've shot with one on someone else's rifle and it laughed at 100 yard shots. I can completely see it being probably the best scope for 17.

·
Registered
605 Posts
Mine is an Eotech 552 XR308 w/ BDC Reticle. Makes the overhyped, overpriced ACOGs seem tame by comparison (assuming you're into accurate LR Shooting).

Jus sayin...

vfin

·
Registered
637 Posts
Mine is an Eotech 552 XR308 w/ BDC Reticle. Makes the overhyped, overpriced ACOGs seem tame by comparison (assuming you're into accurate LR Shooting).

Jus sayin...

vfin
Not sure if you're being serious or not...but, I own several models of Eotech and ACOG. And while I'll agree that I can reach out to a decent distance with my Eo's, there isn't much comparison in terms of quality. You put them both on top of your gun, that's about where the similarities start to distance themselves. Which ACOG do you have?

·
Premium Member
9,495 Posts
Why not both? The majority of mine are Aimpoint, but have two Eotechs (512 & 522) and haven't had any issues that would rule them out for a future purchase. Of course, like others have said, the ACOG is mighty nice and I really like mine. But my wallet can't handle but the one...at least for now.

Anyways, variety and spice and all that.

·
Registered
966 Posts
Amen!

Used Eotech on the job and didn't think it was a crisp as my Trijicon optics. Eotech is good for the price, but if you can save some cash then get yourself an Aimpoint or Trijicon.

I have a TX30 and "mini" ACOG (TA44SG-10). Absolutely love them. Crisp glass and sharp clear reticle.

·
Registered
932 Posts
I love my Eotech 553 with G33 magnifier.

I also love my Aimpoint Pro.

I love my acog ta31rco-m4cp too but just bought it and have yet to use it.

I love my old Elcan M145.

One day I hope to fall in love with an Elcan Specterdr 1.5-6x.

1 - 20 of 44 Posts