FN Herstal Firearms banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

I narrowed down my red dot choices to these two for the FS2000. Anyone own or have ACTUAL experience with either one? Does the FS's iron sights cowitness with either one? (Bear in mind the LaRue/PF would be the "low mount", the T-1 with either the original mount or with the LaRue "low mount.")

Pros and cons based on the spec sheets:

1. T-1 has a five year battery life.
2. Larue/PF is $380 while the T-1 is $640
3. T-1 may block more of the sight picture due to its "tube" design.

Which would you guys choose and why?

·
Registered
227 Posts
Depends on what you are going to be using it for: work, play, or home defense.

Between the two, I would take the T1 micro. We recently had a guy go thru our carbine course with a PF. It was nice, but I am not sold on how well it will hold up long term. Yes, you can get the Larue mount with the protectors, but that just eats up more "eye view".

T1 is solid and I trust it. LONG battery life. Best price is around $525 I think.

I am waiting for the new ELCAN to become available.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Which new ELCAN??

Please do tell :eek:

Is it the Spectre DR?

I plan to use the red dot for HD and SHTF.

·
Registered
227 Posts
Yes, the DR. Some say it has an issue with eye relief, so I will have to try one before spending that much on it. I like the concept of it.

Have you thought about a regular aimpoint and the 3x mag added to it?

Tijicon has a PF style site now:
http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.asp?Item=81206566

I used one last weekend and it was nice, but once again I am not sure how much abuse it can take. I use my rifles in and around vehicles and they get knocked around a bit.

One of my buddies has a PF on his glock and it held up well in the desert. The glass tend get a bit scratched up and cloudy though...

It has a small cap that goes on it and it helps turn the battery off. But, I loose stuff like that easily.

For long term SHTF, I like ACOGs due to the lack of batteries.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts