FN Herstal Firearms banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Premium Member
9,707 Posts
Kev summed it nicely. Whatever works for you. My first two sights were Eotech. They're still chugging right along. My last three have been Aimpoint though, and so will my next.

Reactions: Troublesx10 and Kev

·
Registered
179 Posts
eotech

Kev summed it nicely. Whatever works for you. My first two sights were Eotech. They're still chugging right along. My last three have been Aimpoint though, and so will my next.
It is all about preference.Which one do you like.?They both bad and good points.if is is price then go with Eotech.They are cheaper .I have four of each.I like the Aimpoint for the ease of on and off switch.I like the .30 caliber version of the Eotech.It has a Mil dot system, instead of a dot and circle.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Even if you are looking to keep it "inexpensive", go with an Aimpoint PRO. You still get 30,000 hours battery life, durability and the service IF anything goes wrong. T1 / H1, 50,000 plus and as durable as a tank. I have had a few left on settings between 6-8 for over 3 years each, never turned them off.
I used EoTechs for years as a Dept issued optic and liked them. That was when they were EoTech and L3 was not in the picture. I will continue to use Aimpoints. The CS is a great comfort to an expensive tool.

·
Registered
1,179 Posts
I too believe that its based on personal preference, I have used them both and prefer the aimpoints over eotech. But to each his/her own...

·
Registered
372 Posts
As everyone else said, it's all about preference. I chose a T-1 Micro over an EOTech on my last AR. I dislike the huge battery compartment on some of the EOTech.

·
Registered
454 Posts
The big viewing area for situational awareness was the main selling point for me for the eotech. Another, not so big, selling point for me was I DO like the 65 MOA ring for faster targeting at close range (bigger circle, bigger target), and the 1 moa dot for longer range more precise shooting.

Never owned an aimpoint, but I have handled one, and I personally prefer my xps2-0. The battery life is a non-issue for me really, the eotech will still last a long time, just not an insanely, ridiculously long time.

·
Premium Member
8,114 Posts
And why wasn't Trijicon included in this comparison?

Reactions: twobrav

·
Registered
628 Posts
And why wasn't Trijicon included in this comparison?
Trijicon SRS 02 yesssss !

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - God Bless our Troops !

·
Registered
1,429 Posts
I've been kicking around the Vortex Sparc for my M&P 10 and M&P 15 - can't swing the price of another pair of ACOG's at this point in time. The reviews are good, 2 MOA dot, Vortex has some very clear glass, and Amazon has them for $188.

Reactions: Troublesx10

·
Registered
8,604 Posts
I've been kicking around the Vortex Sparc for my M&P 10 and M&P 15 - can't swing the price of another pair of ACOG's at this point in time. The reviews are good, 2 MOA dot, Vortex has some very clear glass, and Amazon has them for $188.
U can't go wrong w vortex. Next best thing and currently best kept secret around. The strike fire should be included in this conversation. I have a vortex, I really enjoy it. Probably best scope for the money hands down. The warranty alone is worth it.

·
Registered
1,429 Posts
U can't go wrong w vortex. Next best thing and currently best kept secret around. The strike fire should be included in this conversation. I have a vortex, I really enjoy it. Probably best scope for the money hands down. The warranty alone is worth it.
Exactly, I've got a Vortex Viper 4-16X on my elk and larger rifle, and have been very impressed - especially considering the fact I got a pretty good deal (half price) back when they were just hitting the market. If the SPARC is as good as the Viper, it'll be plenty good enough to carry me along until I can swing another ACOG or two.

Reactions: Troublesx10

·
Registered
8,604 Posts
I put a vortex razor gen 2 hd 1-6x30 on my 17-- I love it, i won't put another scope on it. If I had an Elian I -- only exclusion. Choose it over a acog even.

·
Registered
3,927 Posts
Wow I am in the minority on this one. I have 2 eotechs and for my third optic chose an aimpoint comp m4s.

It is a nice sight but I am not impressed with it, it is unnecessarily large compared to the t1 and I prefer the 65 moa circle with dot to the single dot.

It was more expensive then the eotechs and to me I have already thought about selling it. But I would be at a loss if I did so haven't. Yes the quality is nice but so is it on my eotechs.

Personally I would take an eotech over an aimpoint any day especially because I remember to shut it off when I am not using it.

·
Registered
1,444 Posts
I like mine in this order

Trijcon ACOG 4x Dual Ill.- both eyes open with 4x power. Tritium really bright
EOtech EXPS-2 - wide viewing angle, easy on the eyes, really fast acquisition.
Aimpoint T-1 4moa dot - Lightest option. My eyes cross with unit too far out on rail. Have to pull in close.

You really have to see what works for your eyes.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts