FN Herstal Firearms banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
302 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im not an AK guy and I know there are a few AK builders here.

Alright, I got some time here and im ready for my first AK build...

This is what im ordered.

http://www.rguns.net/011_12.html

Whats the best receiver for it that requires the least amount of work, do I need the FCG parts and what receiver screws are the best?

Also any tips?

I can do anything on AR's all day but when it comes to AK's I don't ever even want to remove the trigger group on the ones I do have...

Any help and tips would be GREATLY appreciated..

·
Registered
75 Posts
I'm about to start my first AK build as well. I have looked around and alot of people on the net as well as someone that I know personally, recomends a receiver from nodakspud.

I looked at their site and it looks like you need...."Model NDS-2SF "Premium" AKS74 sidefolder receiver. This variant comes with the "round tab" pistol grip reinforcement plate. caliber 5.45x39"

I would call and ask if this receiver fits your parts kit before buying. Here is a link.

http://www.nodakspud.com/page2.htm

·
Registered
302 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I know someone with one and he shoots the hell out of it almost every day for year or so in his backyard with 75 round drums and has never had any trouble with it.

·
Registered
88 Posts
fatcat said:
I know someone with one and he shoots the hell out of it almost every day for year or so in his backyard with 75 round drums and has never had any trouble with it.
When you build the rifle how it was made at the factory, you know you will allways have something thats going to stand up to the test of time. If screws were a better way to build AK's, then they would be shipping them from the factory that way.

·
Registered
302 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Well yeah, but I dont have the time to do that kind of stuff..

Im done here I found help somewhere else..

1 - 11 of 11 Posts