FN Herstal Firearms banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
265 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I didn't see one....so I thought I'd start one.

Arsenal Inc. SA-M7 Classic dressed up in some Polish laminate, 7.62x39mm:

Arsenal Inc. SLR-105A1 in Russian plum, 5.45x39mm:

Arsenal Inc. SLR-106FR in 5.56x45mm:

Vector Polish PMKMS in 7.62x39mm:

Norinco Type 56/S in 7.62x39mm:

Mitchell Arms imported preban Yugoslavian M70AB2 in 7.62x39mm:

·
Banned
4,097 Posts
Wow, you like ur AK's! Good pics you got there! I would love to pick up a nice AK!

·
Registered
265 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks Iceman. Everyone needs at least one AK. :cool:

Ripper, I'm diggin' the Punisher mag! :shock:

·
Registered
64 Posts
templar, if i were to pick an ak up, which type would you recommend?? im looking for a good shooter that wouldnt hurt my pocket too badly. preferably one of the more accurate (i know this is relative) makes. havent had an ak, but had a yugo sks for a little while before its gas valve crapped out. clearly you're a fan of the arsenals, but what do u think of the norincos or amds? ive read so many dif opinions, im not sure what to think. if i buy one, i want to make sure its a good purchase as i likely would hold on to it.

·
Registered
265 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
tm965 said:
templar, if i were to pick an ak up, which type would you recommend?? im looking for a good shooter that wouldnt hurt my pocket too badly. preferably one of the more accurate (i know this is relative) makes. havent had an ak, but had a yugo sks for a little while before its gas valve crapped out. clearly you're a fan of the arsenals, but what do u think of the norincos or amds? ive read so many dif opinions, im not sure what to think. if i buy one, i want to make sure its a good purchase as i likely would hold on to it.
Under $450 or so, I'd try to find a WASR-10 or WASR-63 at a gun show or a reputable shop and inspect it for mag fit, sight alignment, and "smoothness" of action. The WASR's can be decent guns, but as with any Century product, I'd want to inspect it first.

If you can find a post ban Chinese MAK-90 for that kind of money, it's an excellent buy and you can then spend the money (as you have it) to un ban it.

For a little more, I'd look at a Vector build with a chrome lined barrel, or one from Overland Arms or Henderson Defense. These will be kit built rifles on a US receiver, and the three companies I listed are good to go.

If you can swing $800.00 or so, the Arsenal Inc. SLR-107FR, with the muzzle brake (not flash suppressor), would be an excellent choice. They had some birthing pains but any of them with the muzzle brake should be good to go now.

Hope that helps.

I've seen (and done it) guys making hits on a reduced C zone steel silhouette at 200 yards off hand with an AK, so don't go by all the hearsay that they're inaccurate.

·
Banned
4,097 Posts
Any good sites to get some at? I dont know much about them other how to loaded em and shoot them lol. Any info would be awsome!

·
Registered
64 Posts
Templar said:
tm965 said:
Under $450 or so, I'd try to find a WASR-10 or WASR-63 at a gun show or a reputable shop and inspect it for mag fit, sight alignment, and "smoothness" of action. The WASR's can be decent guns, but as with any Century product, I'd want to inspect it first.

If you can find a post ban Chinese MAK-90 for that kind of money, it's an excellent buy and you can then spend the money (as you have it) to un ban it.

For a little more, I'd look at a Vector build with a chrome lined barrel, or one from Overland Arms or Henderson Defense. These will be kit built rifles on a US receiver, and the three companies I listed are good to go.

If you can swing $800.00 or so, the Arsenal Inc. SLR-107FR, with the muzzle brake (not flash suppressor), would be an excellent choice. They had some birthing pains but any of them with the muzzle brake should be good to go now.

Hope that helps.

I've seen (and done it) guys making hits on a reduced C zone steel silhouette at 200 yards off hand with an AK, so don't go by all the hearsay that they're inaccurate.
great, thanks!

·
Registered
1,605 Posts
So are the Arsenal's US made AK's that aren't under 922(r)? In other words are they out of the box parts compliant?

I have a MAK-90, But I've always felt modding it with a compliance kit seemed worthless because now you're limited to US made magazines and parts to keep it in compliance. Seems like leaving it stock is the way to go.

On the other hand if you can buy a quality US made clone, you don't have to worry about keeping within the parts limit since it's a US made rifle. Then you can mod it with whatever foreign or domestic parts you want.

·
Registered
265 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
All Arsenal Inc. AK's are 922R compliant.

You can unban a MAK-90 without having to deal with US mags or mag parts.

·
Registered
1,605 Posts
As far as unbanning without mag parts, do you happen to know what else needs to be installed. I assume Full stock kit, full trigger assembly, cover, bolt/spring assembly, gas piston, etc? Just curious what you can replace to get the 10.

·
Registered
265 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
B52U said:
As far as unbanning without mag parts, do you happen to know what else needs to be installed. I assume Full stock kit, full trigger assembly, cover, bolt/spring assembly, gas piston, etc? Just curious what you can replace to get the 10.

You don't need 10 US parts, you need to make sure that you have LESS than 10 foreign parts on the rifle.

You need 5 US parts on the MAK 90 if you don't have a threaded barrel.

FCG (3), gas piston (1), and pistol grip (or mag base plate) would do it.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Got a VEPR that I converted to 103 config, and a Bulgie AKS 74 sidefolder built by Troy At Inrange. Now i need a decent camera so I can post some pics dammit. :oops:

·
Registered
475 Posts
this is the only ak i own right now, my next purchase will be either an arsenal slr-107f or a saiga .308 and 7.62x39

saiga 12 gauge shotgun - tromix converted with 10 round agp magazines

10 rounds of slugs anyone? :D

·
Registered
112 Posts
the wood furniture one is an sar and the other is a wasr10. the sar is pretty nice(as far as romy ak's go) and the wasr is a little better since i put some new cheap furniture on it and since put a slant break on. This is when I first picked them up a couple of months ago. The wasr looked pretty gay with the scope and the eotech, but I just wanted to see for myself. I put a cmore on the wasr 10, but and left the sar like it should be.

[/

·
Premium Member
4,479 Posts
Jackie Chan loves AK's.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts