FN Herstal Firearms banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
1,122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A guy locally wants to trade his arsenal sa93 Bulgarian milled receiver and chrome lined barrel for my Hk usp45. I think this is a good trade but I literally know nothing about ak's. Anything I should be looking for upon inspection?

·
Registered
1,423 Posts
Their both worth about 1k, right. Did you handle the gun, the milled AK's weigh a ton. I personally prefer a stamped receiver because of weight. Milled receivers boast about starting with a 11 lb. block of steel and I don't think they waste much of it, but they do look nicer IMO .

·
Registered
1,162 Posts
Yes I would do the trade. Thats a true Bulgarian mil spec rifle, not a parts kit gun, it also has with a hammer forged bbl. and milled receiver.
If you do the trade pick you up some Golden Tiger 7.62 ammo from sgammo.

·
Registered
3,978 Posts
A guy locally wants to trade his arsenal sa93 Bulgarian milled receiver and chrome lined barrel for my Hk usp45. I think this is a good trade but I literally know nothing about ak's. Anything I should be looking for upon inspection?
the SA93 is a ban era gun so they won't have threaded bbl, lugs or "that thing that goes up on your shoulder" but are still quite functional. Milled AKs are heavier but not that much, you will be limited on what furniture you can use. (Which will be more of a concern if it still has the thumbhole stock) Factory built Bulgarian AKs are some of the best. The milled rec. on my arsenal was very well done. As for is it worth the trade.... Not knowing the round count or condition of either I'd say it's about even.

Reactions: Fnpurist

·
Registered
3,978 Posts

·
Registered
1,122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Not my finger on the trigger. These are pics the guy sent me. I still haven't finalized the trade but if everyone thinks it's a good deal then I am. The usp is a compact 45 and has only had a couple of mags through it so it's in great condition

·
Registered
1,162 Posts
Not my finger on the trigger. These are pics the guy sent me. I still haven't finalized the trade but if everyone thinks it's a good deal then I am. The usp is a compact 45 and has only had a couple of mags through it so it's in great condition
Ha Ha, just busting your balls on the trigger.

If you need a AK I would do the trade. The benefit of shooting the 7.62 is that you can get 1000 rounds for @ $250, pretty cheap shooting for a rifle round.

·
Registered
1,692 Posts
I would venture a bet that you would end up shooting the AK more than you do the USP. With it being a "real" AK even though it's a "sporterized" version with the thumbhole stock.

·
Registered
8,663 Posts
If it's a true SA93 then grab it and run. That's a real AK made by a former commies country and not cobbled parts AKs that you see nowadays. USPs see a dime a dozen.
Agree!! Get it fast. Good deal. Ak is a real gun shooter. In the category of 22lr. Cheap, run forever ( if you get a good one) and probability is you will end up with another ak as a result of falling in love with your first.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts