FN Herstal Firearms banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
404 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was reading this article about a New Jersey law that within 3 years may require all guns sold in the state to contain "smart technology".

...Recently Senator Edward Markey unveiled a gun control bill that he claims will reduce gun related violence by requiring all firearms sold to be equipped with “smart gun” technology. This isn’t a new idea for gun-grabbers like Markey, he was inspired by other anti-gun legislators in places like New Jersey. Back in 2002 New Jersey became the first state to pass a “smart gun” law that would eventually require all new handguns contain a mechanism that only allows the owner of the firearm to discharge it. The New Jersey law mandates that within 3 years of a “smart gun” being sold anywhere in the country all guns sold within the state must contain the controversial technology.

In the news this week is the announcement that a German company named Armatix has put their new iP1 smart pistol on shelves in California. The .22 caliber semi-automatic handgun requires the owner to wear a wrist watch to activate their firearm. No watch, no bang. Here’s the best part — it is being reported that the $1399 handgun doesn’t ship with the watch that activates it, the buyer must purchase the activating wrist watch separately for an additional $399.

The clock will soon start ticking in New Jersey…

Read the entire article here:The not-so-smart gun | The Bang Switch

Reactions: Macprowler

·
Registered
961 Posts
I know one thing. If it says it is "smart," you might want to check into what makes it smart. That's just me. I will take the old fashioned appliances and non-smart fixtures for my home and firearms for that matter.

·
Registered
645 Posts
Yes, this proposed law will undoubtedly reduce crime. All the criminals and gangbangers in NJ will be sure to turn in all their non-smart weapons for these new style "smart-guns"... :lol:

·
Registered
1,429 Posts
Another attempt to reach the end result recently attained in Kommiefornia - make it so difficult to do business there that firearms companies stop doing business in New Jersey.

Reactions: Macprowler

·
Registered
641 Posts
You'd have to be real "Smart" to shell out $1800+ for a .22lr pistol...

I also bet all it would take is a 3 minute tinkering and a hand file to stupefy this smart gun too.

·
Registered
152 Posts
Not gonna happen here in NJ..attorney general must determine when technology is feasible and there are already numerous court challenges lying in wait..I wouldnt bet this actually happens..Christie had already vetoed a butt load of anti gun legislation last year

·
Registered
22,109 Posts
Never say never.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts