FN Herstal Firearms banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Almost got to shoot a full auto G1 FAL (and a HK G3) this past weekend... however, the behaviour and attitude and statements that the guy that owned it (post dealer sample, he's some sort of LEO) made me pack up my stuff and leave the range after just 50 rounds of 22 and a mag out of my 1911.... The rest of the story is a massive rant, so I won't go into it, but it was sure nice seeing and hearing that FAL go "wockawockawocka"

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I didn't want to get involved - and a full auto FAL feels the same as my semi auto one :) .

Imagine if you will, 3 guys all tactical'd out. Doing crazy stuff with pistols (quick drawing from thigh holsters, double shoulder holsters, etc), blasting tons of ammo (not a single target either - just blasting at the berm), and in general acting just like you wouldn't want them to... The general unsafeness of it made me leave, but what really disgusted me is the way they were talking. Down on "civvies", down on civvies owning guns, etc. On top of that, they were post-86 samples, some how they got their boss (I presume) to sign off on the purchase of it "for department use" and one of 'em was claiming he paid for it by becoming a student and getting student loans, then dropping.

Left a really nasty taste in my mouth, and has now removed one day a month from possible range time for me (they were involved with a club that shoots the last sunday of each month - if that was a sample of the club's membership, I don't wanna be around 'em)

·
Registered
1,196 Posts
What jerks! :twisted:
I think that all of us know a few of those. :-D
Too bad that you have to adjust your range time for these fools. :(

·
Premium Member
4,479 Posts
Smart move to leave. I run across folks like that fom time to time, I guess we all do. My two favorite outdoor ranges have RO's that put an end to such behavior asap.

As fun as it may have been to fire the weapons, your safety comes first.

·
Banned
83 Posts
:roll: This kind of stuff gives law enforcement a bad name. None of this type of behavior is tolerated in my agency.....as a mater of fact it's grounds for disciplinary action and/or dismissal.

The majority of us aren't like that! I kinda figure if they had been reported, there's a better than even chance that they would have been terminated!

·
Registered
130 Posts
I despise guys/coworkers that are "badge heavy." AND when LE (coworkers) refer to the public as "civilians." Unless you are/have been in the military... you also, are a "civilian." :roll:

Speaking as a Deputy Sheriff, with 11yrs of military service - IMHO

1 - 7 of 7 Posts