This month's Tactical Shoot

·
Registered
21,554 Posts
Nice :shock:

·
Registered
272 Posts
Excellent! What's the gizmo behind the holo scope?

·
Registered
1,561 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Go Navy said:
Excellent! What's the gizmo behind the holo scope?
Quick detach mount for the magnifier. Most of the targets we shot that day were <50 meters, so the magnifier wasn't necessary, and would have actually been a hindrance.

·
Registered
1,561 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
JohnT said:
looks slick bro.

what's the story behind this pic? malfunction?

looks like a bloody blast man
Close. That's from the second stage of the day, where the rifle was unloaded, bolt closed in the back of a pick up truck. What was captured in that picture was me racking the bolt to get a round in the chamber. If you watch the second video in my first post, you can see what I'm talking about (towards the end, my stage two shoot).

Oh, and my pride/devotion to my SCAR obliges me to say I've never had a malfuction with my SCAR, and that I am horrified you'd ever suggest that such a thing was possible. Long live the Great and Almighty SCAR!!! :p

:(

·
Registered
1,561 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
More SCAR goodness:

Now I just gotta figure out which picture is the best/my favorite.

·
Registered
21,554 Posts
Awe, cute :D

Congrats :shock:

And where's the cigar?

·
Registered
25,418 Posts
djv38 said:
And where's the cigar?
You want a see-gar, eh? :p

:-D j/k Dan - as you know already.

Alpha,

Nice rig and congrats, but I would crop the pic at the neck. Both for your protection (there's a LOT of weirdo's on the net) and for security of your weapons. Just friendly advice. The internet isn't that big.

Just ask iceman. :-D

·
Registered
1,561 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Thanks guys, Cigars will be in the mail when my bank account resuscitated (might be a while).

As for the pics, I'm not too worried about it (probably should be, but, eh). There's enough pictures of me around the 'net that this goofy pic is the least of my concerns. Hell, back in my airsoft days, I ended up with a few pictures in Action Pursuit Games Magazine, complete with full name.

More pics will be up tomorrow, hopefully these won't look like crap warmed up, and make me look almost as goofy as I really am. :shock:

·
Registered
272 Posts
By now I know you are getting tired of your 17S, so I'll be happy to take it off your hands for a "reasonable" price. Just trying to be helpful.

·
Registered
512 Posts
Hey Navy, I'll Ro-Sham-Bo 'ya for it???!!! :lol:

You don't need it anyways, do 'ya, Alpha???!!! 8)

BTW, nice pics and nice lineup of zombie killers... I'm with Sarge though, crop or blank-out your face. :p

·
Registered
1,561 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Pics of my SCAR(s):

And yes, I will be keeping both. I'm toying with the idea of having the 16S SBRed, and keeping the 17S full sized so it can be my field gun.

·
Registered
512 Posts
Okay, it's official... I'm suffering from SCAR envy. :p

·
Registered
1,561 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I finally got my SCARs a good bed to sleep in:

Picked up a used Pelican Stormcase 3300i at a local surplus shop for $100 last weekend, and finally tracked down some foam for it (it didn't come with any). Although I would have preferred the 3200 model, this will do for now. I really just wanted a good case to store my SCARs in during deployment, and I think this will do nicely.

On a side note, I think I've found a place for all of those random stickers I seem to have collected. :?

·
Registered
1,561 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Got bored, decided to take some more pictures of my SCARs:

You'll notice the the "Neo-Crusader" theme. Sorry, been watching too much Kingdom of Heaven and playing Medieval Total War II recently. Seemed to fit though.

1 - 20 of 60 Posts