FN Herstal Firearms banner
21 - 40 of 60 Posts

·
Premium Member
25,418 Posts
Nice pix A-17. :shock:

If you get bored again, PM me. I have a shovel, along with a big pile of dirt that needs to be moved around the property. Wheelbarrow included, to make things easier for you. :D

:)

·
Registered
194 Posts
Alpha-17 said:

You'll notice the the "Neo-Crusader" theme. Sorry, been watching too much Kingdom of Heaven and playing Medieval Total War II recently. Seemed to fit though.
Bad ass photo! I love the layout.

Stephen

·
Banned
616 Posts
Alpha I'm sure you don't remember this, but I'm going to have to request another pic of you and your SCARs so I can update my mural <3

·
Registered
1,561 Posts
Discussion Starter · #26 ·
Alpha I'm sure you don't remember this, but I'm going to have to request another pic of you and your SCARs so I can update my mural <3
Yeah, I remember that. As much as I wish I didn't, it's one of those images that sticks in your head, regardless how many times you pour bleach in your eyes. At least you could have left the UN helmet in the picture.

And while I feel I'm going to regret posting these too, I forgot to post some pictures taken during a two-gun match on Saturday:

·
Registered
1,561 Posts
Discussion Starter · #29 ·
ACOG is the TA11E-G. It's the green chevron with .308 BDC. I originally wanted the red chevron, as I'm used to it at work, but they didn't have it, and the green has been growing on me.

·
Registered
16 Posts
I never liked Jim's and a few times I rolled in there the place was a nightmare. You find a deal every now and then but not my favorite place.

·
Registered
1,561 Posts
Discussion Starter · #33 ·
I never liked Jim's and a few times I rolled in there the place was a nightmare. You find a deal every now and then but not my favorite place.
Agreed. They can be great, or really, really bad. They're still better than Guns Plus though. Still can't believe they got a TV show.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Didn't know that. What I think is funny is that most places are closed on Sunday. Friday evening Saturday and Sunday is when you do the most business.

·
Registered
62 Posts
So where are the good places to hit up in Fayettnam? Jim's always seemed to have the best selection but not the best prices at times.

·
Registered
1,561 Posts
Discussion Starter · #37 ·
So where are the good places to hit up in Fayettnam? Jim's always seemed to have the best selection but not the best prices at times.
Jims is OK, but can be overpriced. Shooters on Bragg Blvd is generally pretty good, but it's selection is relatively small. Guns Plus is almost always overpriced, but they've been well stocked on SCAR H mags recently, and at a good price, so I can't complain too much. There's also Phase 5, but every time I go in there, I end up laughing at something stupid the guys working there say. Really, the best place in the area is Ed's Gunshop in Vass.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Jims is OK, but can be overpriced. Shooters on Bragg Blvd is generally pretty good, but it's selection is relatively small. Guns Plus is almost always overpriced, but they've been well stocked on SCAR H mags recently, and at a good price, so I can't complain too much. There's also Phase 5, but every time I go in there, I end up laughing at something stupid the guys working there say. Really, the best place in the area is Ed's Gunshop in Vass.
Yea definitively agree with Ed's gun shop being great. I actually purchased my SCAR 17 and my Sig 522 from them. I also got 2 17 mags from him as well. It's crazy that when i bought my SCAR at the Raleigh Dixie Guns show he was selling it for $2750 while everyone else there was $2999. Vass is a little out of range for me to make a casual drive to but fortunately he sells at the dixe gunshows in Raleigh. BTW, how are the gun shows in Fayetteville?

·
Registered
1,561 Posts
Discussion Starter · #39 ·
Yea definitively agree with Ed's gun shop being great. I actually purchased my SCAR 17 and my Sig 522 from them. I also got 2 17 mags from him as well. It's crazy that when i bought my SCAR at the Raleigh Dixie Guns show he was selling it for $2750 while everyone else there was $2999. Vass is a little out of range for me to make a casual drive to but fortunately he sells at the dixe gunshows in Raleigh. BTW, how are the gun shows in Fayetteville?
I got my 17S from Ed's as well. Never been able to find any mags at Ed's though.

Fayetteville gunshows are so-so. They're always C&E, and thus smaller, real life versions of Ebay. Sometimes they're great, others, not so much. The Dixie Shows in Raleigh are much, much better.

·
Registered
62 Posts
I got my 17S from Ed's as well. Never been able to find any mags at Ed's though.

Fayetteville gunshows are so-so. They're always C&E, and thus smaller, real life versions of Ebay. Sometimes they're great, others, not so much. The Dixie Shows in Raleigh are much, much better.
That sucks, thought about checking one out. The Raleigh Dixie shows are pretty good but I definitively miss the Vegas gun shows, If only I could get stationed back there....
I've gone to every Raleigh Dixie show for the past year. Plan on going to the next one as well, never know what you'll find.

21 - 40 of 60 Posts