FN Herstal Firearms banner
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
3,927 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK I think I can officially say that for the time being everybody is out of stock on PS90 50rd Magazines. I think I have officially contacted and called every source. Well under the $80 mark anyways. Some sites are charging upwards of $100 now, so they may have them in stock... :roll:

·
Registered
15,559 Posts
tqtran said:
Better hurry, that source has been posted on a couple other web forums now.
Yes.

I ordered some 197 from them right after the oboma win. They are so swamped that itw as over 2 weeks before it shipped. They are actually 45 min from my house. However, they are so busy that they suspended walk up sales. Ya gotta order via the net.

I was tempted to get 1 more a while back - but 9 is good enough. I've only put 950 rounds thru my PS90 in 2 years, and I use the same mag for every trip - to lessen the chances of having issues with multiple mags over time. So, I think 9 is plenty.

·
Registered
3,927 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
ShipWreck said:
tqtran said:
Better hurry, that source has been posted on a couple other web forums now.
Yes.

I ordered some 197 from them right after the oboma win. They are so swamped that itw as over 2 weeks before it shipped. They are actually 45 min from my house. However, they are so busy that they suspended walk up sales. Ya gotta order via the net.

I was tempted to get 1 more a while back - but 9 is good enough. I've only put 950 rounds thru my PS90 in 2 years, and I use the same mag for every trip - to lessen the chances of having issues with multiple mags over time. So, I think 9 is plenty.
I plan on owning 4 50 rounds mags and 1 30 round mag. That will be perfect for me. I can't see myself ever needing more than 5 mags and I don't want to do a 30 to 50 round modification. I know it has been done by well almost everyone, but I won't. I feel that the factory knows what they are doing so I will pay the extra $60 for a 50 rounder rather than the $5 for the convo kit. That is my 2 cents on the conversion...

·
Registered
15,559 Posts
s4mur41h4x0r said:
I plan on owning 4 50 rounds mags and 1 30 round mag. That will be perfect for me. I can't see myself ever needing more than 5 mags and I don't want to do a 30 to 50 round modification. I know it has been done by well almost everyone, but I won't. I feel that the factory knows what they are doing so I will pay the extra $60 for a 50 rounder rather than the $5 for the convo kit. That is my 2 cents on the conversion...
I did not do any cutting - I replaced the inside plate with a smaller one.

U do know that there is no difference between a 50 rounder and a 30 rounder except that plate, right?

·
Registered
3,927 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
ShipWreck said:
s4mur41h4x0r said:
I did not do any cutting - I replaced the inside plate with a smaller one.

U do know that there is no difference between a 50 rounder and a 30 rounder except that plate, right?
Yeah I do know that, but Bob over at FN said that he could tell easily if a mag had been modified and I figure I don't want a jam when I am in a crunch, when it counts, so I will pay a little extra for the piece of mind.

Also I just ordered 2 mags from ammotogo and they said if it is on their site they have it in stock. I hope I get them soon

·
Registered
15,559 Posts
I only use my converted mag at the range. I tested the other 8 to make sure they work, and now they just sit. If I have any issues, I can switch to another mag to eliminate possible problems. And, I could always reconvert the 30 rounder back.

·
Registered
1,519 Posts
Sorry, just trying to help. I'm glad I got all of mine when they were $49 each. I thought that they were too high priced then, but now, wow $80-$100 bucks each. Thats highway robbery.

It's really kind of sick when you think about it. The gun dealers and manufactures want americans to fight for their 2A rights so they can continue to gouge they hell out of us on the price. There has got to be a profound reason why they do this. Oh yea, Greed. How nobel.

·
Registered
124 Posts
devildoc said:
Sorry, just trying to help. I'm glad I got all of mine when they were $49 each. I thought that they were too high priced then, but now, wow $80-$100 bucks each. Thats highway robbery.

It's really kind of sick when you think about it. The gun dealers and manufactures want americans to fight for their 2A rights so they can continue to gouge they hell out of us on the price. There has got to be a profound reason why they do this. Oh yea, Greed. How nobel.
I believe it is supply vs demand. Hence, the fact they are out of stock everywhere. Short supply = higher price when demand is up. Economics 101.

·
Registered
1,519 Posts
Yea, I took economics in college. I get the whole supply and demand thing. But creating an artifical "shortage" and charging greater than 100% from wholesale to retail isn't right.

If all my mags broke today, I would not pay $100 for a new one, but thats just me. I'd rather widdle one one out of wood before I paid that price.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts