FN Herstal Firearms banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am currently building a ps90 on an effen90 receiver, I have all of the moving assembly parts (bolt assembly) except for the snap rings that hold it all together. Anyone know the specs or an acceptable replacement for these snap rings? Thanks, Chris

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I pm'd you. I am on the alert at MGW and will buy two sets if I am able. I would appreciate the same if you happen on some. Chris

·
Registered
6 Posts
Still looking, wondering if anyone here could possibly give dimensions? Id be able to order them from some place like Mcmaster-Carr. Could anyone take the dimensions of the snap ring?

Could anyone help us out who has a decent caliper with the overall dimensions?

·
Registered
39 Posts
I can try to get some measurements for you. I’m not taking the snap rings off, though. OD and thickness should be easy enough. Do you have calipers to measure the diameter of the groove for ID?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Yeah I was able snag the groove dimensions roughly. Can repost here in a bit too but my calipers are kinda ****ty and I'm gonna borrow a friend's

·
Registered
39 Posts
Never mind the bit about $2+shipping. I just noticed there’s a $50 order minimum. :( Well now you know exactly what you’re looking for at least.

·
Registered
387 Posts
I know, you all know this, but....

Politics and such crap aside, this is why like forums. People of the same mindset helping each other out. Sometimes with info, sometimes with parts, and sometimes with a good (most of the time) friendly e-slap to bring someone to reality.

Now, if I could only find a support forum for very short people who are terrified of extremely tall people...

·
Registered
39 Posts
I know, you all know this, but....

Politics and such crap aside, this is why like forums. People of the same mindset helping each other out. Sometimes with info, sometimes with parts, and sometimes with a good (most of the time) friendly e-slap to bring someone to reality.

Now, if I could only find a support forum for very short people who are terrified of extremely tall people...
Couldn’t agree more. A lot of opportunism these days. I was glad to be able to help without putting anyone over a barrel. I hope the leftovers are made available to other members for the price of a postage stamp.

·
Registered
39 Posts
So, who’s going to lead the charge here? I think a lot of members might be interested in spares “just because” if the cost is literally pocket change. ChrisG or Jmnemoinc, have either of you placed an order? If not, I’d personally like to see one of the longer-standing and more active members take the reins and mete these out. I’d probably take a set just because too.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I dont mind grabbing a set of these in a week or two and shooting some over to other members. Im just swamped with other stuff right now. If yall dont mind waiting a few weeks i can shoot some of these out to y'all just busy with other projects right now to focus on this. If only FN was more FN'in on top of keeping parts in stock
:p. So far it looks like me Chrisg,osuryan,hk sd9 want snap rings. Im happy this now is logged on the internet for the future, you never know how long these guns will still be supported by FN especially after like 30 years, im happy this isnt just tribal knowledge and is cataloged.

If yall arent in a hurry i can shoot these out eventually.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I will. Need this to complete my moving assembly. Let me see what this works out to shipped and I will see how we can divvy this up for a reasonable amount for all involved. Chris.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Ok. I got 100 of the second link from Fastinal, shipped to my house was $28. So how about $10 for 10 shipped via plain white envelope? That means if more than 3 of us needs them, I will be in the green. Lord knows I don't need more random gun parts laying around the house... reasonable? $10 to kags1969 at Yahoo.com w/ your address. I will turn them around when they come in the mail.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
If more people sign up I can take the total cost and divide by the number of takers, just dont want to make a job of this. I kind of like these getting distributed to a few people, which makes better odds in the future if someone needs them? I just want to get the cost covered.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Ok. I got 100 of the second link from Fastinal, shipped to my house was $28. So how about $10 for 10 shipped via plain white envelope? That means if more than 3 of us needs them, I will be in the green. Lord knows I don't need more random gun parts laying around the house... reasonable? $10 to kags1969 at Yahoo.com w/ your address. I will turn them around when they come in the mail.
Totally resonable do you have paypal/venmo/cashapp?

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Paypal is [email protected] or venmo is @ChrisGarzaATX, FF on paypal if you don't mind and put your address. I figure I will put 10 in a little baggy and tape it into an envelope and first class it out. If they get lost I will just ship some more.... If you want/need more than 10 LMK. Chris

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Good Morning,

I am writing regarding your order. Unfortunately, Fastenal part number 11510700 is not in stock. I did not see an arrival date for this part in our system.

I contacted our vendor in an effort to complete this order, but unfortunately, this part cannot be sourced.

If you would like to cancel this part, or if another part would work, please let me know or advise the part number and I would be happy to check into availability for you.

I apologize for the inconvenience and look forward to your reply. Please note that I will not process your order until I hear from you.

Thank you,

ECOMM Customer Service

1 - 20 of 28 Posts