FN Herstal Firearms banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am wondering if my accuracy is being affected by the way I am holding my Five-Seven.

I have heard that the ideal way to hold a gun with two hands is with the support hand thumb resting parallel with and just under the pistol slide. The support hand is wrapped around the strong hand with the thumb lined up in front of the shooting hand thumb and pointing forward. The result is that both thumbs are pointing forwards. Here's a generic photo of this thumbs forward grip:

Due to the Five-Seven's unique design, do you find your support hand thumb pushing the stripping lever forwards while your support hand index finger is underneath the trigger guard (and pushing the trigger guard upwards)? As for the strong hand, is your strong hand thumb resting on the slide release? Or is it resting on the base of your support hand thumb?

Any suggestions from your experience is much appreciated. Thanks!

·
Registered
877 Posts
My hands are smaller than yours, so my strong thumb is resting on my support thumb wedged under the slide release, and my support thumb is pressing against the slide just under the takedown lever.

·
Registered
413 Posts
I follow Jerry Miculek's advice and shoot with my left index finger on the front of the trigger guard. It works for me.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts