FN Herstal Firearms banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3,341 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
An amendment to the annual dept. of defense appropriations bill (H.R. 4870) is being voted on in the House of Representatives today, or maybe tomorrow. If passed, it would make it harder for the NSA to spy on people via the Internet.

If you wish to contact your House Representative and tell them to support the Lofgren-Massie amendment to defund the NSA spying, here is where you find their contact information:

Directory of Representatives · House.gov

You can also fax them for free here:

Fax Congress

Talking points (from eff.org):

I am your constituent, and I am calling/writing to urge you to support the Massie-Lofgren amendment to the 2015 Department of Defense Appropriations Bill, H.R. 4870.

This amendment makes significant strides towards addressing out of control NSA spying, and helps restore trust in the Internet and American products. Please vote yes on this amendment, and urge your colleagues to join you.

·
Registered
377 Posts
won't get through the senate. in fact i would not be surprised if that pos harry reid doesn't even bring it to a vote like other important pieces of legislature which could help the people.

·
Registered
6,690 Posts
It IS a good sign for sure!

I personally wouldn't get too excited though knowing DC/Pentagon can just make ALL of the NSA's budget a Black Budget then no one will know what they're doing or how much it costs.

·
Registered
3,341 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
won't get through the senate. in fact i would not be surprised if that pos harry reid doesn't even bring it to a vote like other important pieces of legislature which could help the people.
It probably will. This particular issue has both sides enraged, and a majority of the nays were establishment RINO types in the House.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts