FN Herstal Firearms banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
21,554 Posts
http://fnforum.net/viewtopic.php?t=4533

You can get 'em from a forum sponsor for $2 cheaper. I hear they are pretty good, and I know they use Trijicon inserts, and several forum members have ordered them, so maybe they can chime in if they have them yet.

Ameriglo is currently the only maker of aftermarket night sights for the FNP also, so you don't have much choice yet.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
o cool, i have the factory ones so I never went looking for them in any of the sponsors

·
Registered
43 Posts
what are you using for a sight pusher? I was thinking about getting some but I wasn't sure about installation.

·
Registered
15,557 Posts
I had someone install them for me - I have seen hundreds of posts, over the years on different forums, of people who screwed up their slide by trying to install their own sights.

be careful!

·
Registered
49 Posts
How does the sight picture on these compare to the stock sights? I really like the precision nature of the stock sights, but would like to upgrade to the tritium sights if the sight picture is similar.

·
Registered
15,557 Posts
Toadie said:
How does the sight picture on these compare to the stock sights? I really like the precision nature of the stock sights, but would like to upgrade to the tritium sights if the sight picture is similar.
I hard chromed my slide, and also had night sights put in.

Honestly - I prefered the stock sights - but part of it was because of the hard chrome, IMHO - I had a reflection of the white circle around the tritium on the silver hard chrome.

First time I ever had that issue on any gun I hard chromed before.

·
Registered
21,554 Posts
In the regular FNP discussion, there is a sticky for sign up for 45 night sites (Ameriglo is currently developing them/finishing them up). The 40 and 9 sites will not work on the 45.

·
Registered
197 Posts
rizzo,

Likewise, I did not see the FNP-45 sights at CTD (cheaperthandirt)...

I did confirm by E-mail with topgun that they should have them soon.

·
Registered
11 Posts
I just got a set of AmeriGlo Night Sights for Fathers Day for my FNP-40. Very excited to get them installed
:shock:

·
Registered
48 Posts
I ordered a set of Ameriglo's FNP45 night sights from Top Gun Supply this afternoon. I'll have a local gun shop put them on since I'm one of those folks that messed up the front sight installation on my Sig 226 Blackwater and had to shell out an additional $350.00 for a new slide and sights from Sig.

·
Registered
21,554 Posts
I really like them. I like how they go back to the edge of the slide for the furthest sighting picture possible.

·
Registered
11 Posts
1 - 18 of 18 Posts