FN Herstal Firearms banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Title of the thread says all. Ameriglos or Trijicons on your FN handguns?

I just installed a set of the Triji HDs on my G23 and damn I'm really liking them. I saw that they offer them for the FN handguns on Triji's website and I'm thinking I might want an HD set on my FNP 9 as well. I've also seen some of the different Ameriglo ones being offered at a few places. As I understand it the Ameriglos use Triji inserts so for the most part they should be roughly the same right at least at night? The only real obvious advantage I see using the Triji HD is the nice big bright yellow dot up front for day time activities. That is what sold me for my G23 over the standard 3 dot white day/green night sights. I usually focus on the front sight anyway and you can't miss the HD version bright neon yellow.

Unfortunately the Triji HD set costs quite a bit more than some of the Ameriglos. Just wondering if any one else has installed the HD set on their FN handguns? Or would you save a bit and stick with the Ameriglos?

·
Registered
6,692 Posts
Ameriglo uses Trijicon tritium inserts.

·
Registered
21,554 Posts
You can get standard Triji night sites as well. That's what FN puts on the FNX's and S's that come with night sights (I prefer these over the Ameriglo's because they have the V notch and serrated rear, but nothing against the Ameriglo's either).

·
Registered
33 Posts
Have Trijicon HD (orange) night sights for front sights on my 1911s. In addition to being an aid for old tired eyes, I like the clear crystal cap/cover on the orange transluscent ring and tritium vial. The crystal protects the sight from cleaning solutions. I looked up current Trijicon models and there is no mention of crystal caps.

·
Registered
62 Posts
I ordered the AmeriGlo Protectors (yellow front sight, Hackathorn rear) and they will be here tomorrow. I still haven't decided which color for AmeriGlo or even HD's I like yet. The orange seems to pick up better but I like the way the yellow looks more!

I also know "when" the new AmeriGlo FBI sights are coming out! ;)

I spoke to the owner of the company earlier today and he said "Stay tuned" but I was able to worm a time frame out of him down to a couple weeks as we spoke. I'm down for two sets myself! I hope they are everything Trijicon HD's for the GLOCK are NOT! I hate the design of the rear Trijicon HD sight. They act surprised when you ***** that it's too sharp too like no ones ever told them this. Yet if you go look at the M&P HD's they are all nice and rounded on those same edges, the ones on my FNX-45 are too.

Yes I know I can take a file to them but I shouldn't have to for the price.

·
Registered
1,907 Posts
I put the orange dot Trijicon HD XRs on my Glock 23 and love em' ! They work well for me. Im considering putting TFX Pros on my Glock 19, and then pick a favorite.

·
Registered
1,907 Posts
I ordered the AmeriGlo Protectors (yellow front sight, Hackathorn rear) and they will be here tomorrow. I still haven't decided which color for AmeriGlo or even HD's I like yet. The orange seems to pick up better but I like the way the yellow looks more!

I also know "when" the new AmeriGlo FBI sights are coming out! ;)

I spoke to the owner of the company earlier today and he said "Stay tuned" but I was able to worm a time frame out of him down to a couple weeks as we spoke. I'm down for two sets myself! I hope they are everything Trijicon HD's for the GLOCK are NOT! I hate the design of the rear Trijicon HD sight. They act surprised when you ***** that it's too sharp too like no ones ever told them this. Yet if you go look at the M&P HD's they are all nice and rounded on those same edges, the ones on my FNX-45 are too.

Yes I know I can take a file to them but I shouldn't have to for the price.
I must have researched night sights for hours upon hours, and I went with the Triji's. I was lucky enough that an LGS near me had them not only in stock, but on some pistols for LEO sale. They let me see the difference between the XR's and regular HD's in a dark room. I went with the XR's, and they even installed them for free. I was a little concerned about the sharp edges, but they've had no ill effect while carrying IWB. Rounded edges would certainly be a better design though. I put heavy thought into the XS F8 sights, but had two concerns - one being holster fit, and the other was worrying about a point of aim/impact shift. The Triji's kept my POA/POI exactly the same as the OEM sights, and I love the POA/POI on my G 23. I forget how the TFX Pros are in regards to POA vs POI as it's been a while since I've researched them, but will be a deciding factor if it changes. The Triji's, like any sights you buy I guess, had me a little apprehensive when I purchased them, as they aren't cheap and hoped I would like them. I got lucky and have no regrets about purchasing them. No doubt I will face the same stress if I buy the TFX Pro's next time too lol.

IMG_20191015_211055179.jpg

1 - 10 of 10 Posts