FN Herstal Firearms banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Good news everyone, after wiping the 40 grain hornady off my local stores shelf about a month ago, i stopped in today to see if they had gotten anymore in yet...to my amazement i was told (and shown) that they had about 50 boxes on the shelf and ready to be sold. needless to say i made sure to pick up a couple more, but maybe it's a sign that the ammo is going to be in stock at the major stores and on various websites? hopefully we'll find out shortly, just thought i'd share to let everyone know that dealers are in fact able to get it in stock!

·
Registered
510 Posts
Where there are paranoid, fantasizing firearm owners,

no one is exempt from the threat of having no ammunition to train with; or an ammunition shortage.

·
Registered
1,382 Posts
The big difference between the ammo shortage of 2008 and 2012, is that everyone is broke this time around. :mytwocents0:

Reactions: Patton250

·
Registered
787 Posts
My non-scientific observation is that many things, guns and ammo included, seem to go through feast and famine periods, i.e. going from lots of items in stock, to none, and back.

Not sure why this is, but all modern products require a long supply chain to manufacture and eventually put on dealers' shelves, and if anything goes wrong at any point in the chain, there is a shortage. Or a manufacturer might suspend production of one product temporarily so they can concentrate on another. Or someone forgot to submit an order. Etc.

Some examples:
- I went to my local farm supply to buy a 5 gal diesel fuel can. Out of stock. Plenty of red cans for gas, and plenty of blue for kerosene, but no yellow diesel ones. Yellow plastic shortage?
- I "window shop" on Buds for items that I am dreaming about, and notice how certain things go from good supply down to none, and then sometimes back to lots. For example, lots of Kimbers available at the moment, after being down to nearly none a few months back. Only a few FsN models available now, down from almost every model earlier this year. etc.

·
Registered
3,097 Posts
Where there are paranoid, fantasizing firearm owners,

no one is exempt from the threat of having no ammunition to train with; or an ammunition shortage.
:th_sign0167:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts