FN Herstal Firearms banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
350 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok guys i dont know about you but in Arizona a case of .223/5.56 is nearing 500 dollars

a box of 50 rounds of .45 acp is in the 20 dollar range for cheap ball range ammo

although i went into walmart and got 1000 rounds of 45 acp for 14dollars a box.. winchester whitebox

ammo prices have risen 3 times in 07 and will surely continue to

buy up now

·
Registered
15,557 Posts
Yes - I shoot CCI Blazer and buy it at Academy sports stores...

I got 3 boxes last week. They jacked the price up another $1 in the past month. Now, it's damn near $8 a box.

3 years ago, itw as $3.86 a box.

·
Registered
15,557 Posts
Yes, I saw that 9mm blazer went up to that a couple of months back. MOnarch is a little cheaper, but I don't care for the stuff.

·
Banned
114 Posts
Ok, so maybe I'm not going crazy. I was looking to buy some .45 ammo because I'm already dangerously low in my stocks and wanted to get in some spring shooting and I was shocked at prices. I could've sworn that things were significantly cheaper last time I bought ammo but had no way of knowing for sure what I had paid. Now I see other people noticing it too. All I want to do is loose off a few rounds now that winters over and its gonna cost me an arm and a leg to buy rounds and the other arm and leg buying gas to get to the range.

·
Registered
1,008 Posts
I dont even own a 45 acp but I been buying the winchester 100 round ball ammo from walmart lately. I fiquired if I ever get a 1911 or some type of 45 it wouldnt be a bad idea to buy the ammo now.

·
Registered
15,557 Posts
moonglorious61 said:
Ok, so maybe I'm not going crazy. I was looking to buy some .45 ammo because I'm already dangerously low in my stocks and wanted to get in some spring shooting and I was shocked at prices. I could've sworn that things were significantly cheaper last time I bought ammo but had no way of knowing for sure what I had paid. Now I see other people noticing it too. All I want to do is loose off a few rounds now that winters over and its gonna cost me an arm and a leg to buy rounds and the other arm and leg buying gas to get to the range.
Yes - I just bought a 45 this month - and yea, the ammo prices are ridiculous for the gun.

·
Registered
412 Posts
The thoughts above is what all of us are thinking that shoots!
Buy it now! I heard Winchester was going to raise prices again in June. :x

·
Premium Member
4,479 Posts
I'm glad I stocked up back in '05. If this keeps up I can resell it next year for three or four times what I paid... nah... not a good idea.

·
Registered
1,519 Posts
I just bought (200 rounds) at my local gun shop fun store for 9.95 a box of 50. Don't see a big change in price here. Last your I was paying 8.90.

Hey, I just realized that bullet prices went up less than gass prices :p
There has got to be a hidden meaning to that. LOL

·
Registered
305 Posts
Just think, if the dem's win in November, the price of ammo will go up even more.... That is if were even still able to buy it? :-?

·
Registered
1,008 Posts
i`ll tell you this much buy as much ammo as you can before election day. I bet you the price goes up even more regardless if Obama wins or loses. Just the fear of a demo getting into office as the president will probably scare up the price just from word of mouth and fear.

·
Banned
4,097 Posts
+1 on that. Ammo is freaking HIGH!!! walmart has winchest white box ammo in .45 230grn for $18 a box of 100

·
Banned
4,097 Posts
Hmm i got ammo last month but I dont think its that high here yet.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts