FN Herstal Firearms banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
249 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anybody found some ammo, that your FNP didn't like?

Specificly 9mm, but any caliber is welcome to discussion.

·
Registered
249 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I haven't tried any wolf either. I ran about 50 rnds of some Blazer (aluminum casing) and it ate that right up.

·
Registered
37 Posts
My P9 has been 100% on Blazer Aluminum for 400 rounds ... then again, so have my two Glocks and my Smith and Wesson. If you don't reload, its the perfect practice round.

·
Registered
873 Posts
My FNP-40 has been 100% with:

Hydra Shocks

Hornady TAP

Speer Gold Dots

Black Hills Blue Box (XTP bullet I think)

WWB FMJ

S&B FMJ

Blazer Brass FMJ

Will try my FNP-45 this weekend.

·
Registered
102 Posts
my FNP-40 hated Wolf. Its eaten everything else. But with wolf, it jammed every round, whether it be a feed failure, stovepipe, or trying to load 2 rounds at once. it even failed to eject completely and reloaded the empty cartridge. They were brass cases, i might try the steel cased ones if i find them cheap at a gun show this weekend

·
Registered
249 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I figure if it feeds wolf with no problems, then I should be able to shoot anything.

Although I don't make a habit shooting wolf through my handguns. It leaves too much **** behind, and makes cleaning unenjoyable.

My short list so far:

remington

winchester WB

Blazer aluminum

·
Registered
229 Posts
Only autos I have that will feed Wolf are a couple 1911s. Bought 1000 rds 45 acp several years ago to shoot in 45 Blackhawk convertable. They were accurate, dirty and split cases that had to be driven out of chamber. Old 1911s ate em with no problem. Finally shot em all up and that's it for me and Wolf.

·
Registered
1,605 Posts
This is good info. I'm always on the lookout for a good deal on bulk ammo. Nice to know to avoid the big bad wolf.

I just recognized McLovin's icon as being the locking lugs from an AR bolt face. Pretty cool icon. I should have recognized that a long time ago, considering the thousands of times I've scraped carbon and dirt off those things.

·
Registered
249 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks for the compliment. I wish I came up with the idea. :D

I guess I'll have to give credit to AR15.com on that one.

·
Registered
102 Posts
I figure if it feeds wolf with no problems, then I should be able to shoot anything.

Although I don't make a habit shooting wolf through my handguns. It leaves too much **** behind, and makes cleaning unenjoyable.

My short list so far:

remington

winchester WB

Blazer aluminum
Exactly what i was thinking, if wolf works, all should work. But ill second the Remington and the winchester, they work great

1 - 12 of 12 Posts