FN Herstal Firearms banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Let me be the first.... The ammo is to damn much! Lets start a list of sites, stores, gun shows, what ever, and share info on the best deals on 5.7 ammo out there.

·
Premium Member
3,531 Posts
For Sure!

Now that wolf will be manufacturing some, it will go down in price.

My latest batch was 16.95 for 50 (Blue tip - 197 I do believe). Problem is - since the ammo does not move as fast, there are a lot of shops that are still sitting on the $25.00 a box stuff, and untill that gets sold off, the price will still be high.

I have some sources, but by all means if you have any, post them here. I will then centralize that on the ammo page of the web site.

TH

·
Registered
268 Posts
I cancelled my backorder at Wholesale hunter. I'm just going to wait it out and see how low it can go. CMMG was selling mags for $60+ when Botach and others were selling for $45-$50/ea. CMMG is now selling them for $50. It's all about supply/demand and competition.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Lord Skeletor said:
For all of y'alls information----this guy out in Kentucky has Blue-Tipped SS197 for sale for $17.00 per box of 50; Minimum of 10 Boxes. $9.00 for shipping

Check it out:

[email protected]

This is the cheapest that I have seen Blue Tipped SS197 as of yet. Anyone have any other leads on cheap ammo?

I've been AWOL from here lately; but this guy in Richmond, VA is selling the 5.7x28 for around $14.50 per box. He was at a local gun show this weekend. He told me that he's fine with making $20.00 per CASE---he simply just wants more of the ammo "out there."

Well...I tried calling him yesterday and spoke with his partner. His partner says that they are currently out and hadn't ordered a big order since about August and aren't ordering anything new until well into January, as they are closed right now doing inventory.

Having bought about 6 or 7 guns from these guys and having personally bought 5.7 ammo from them for under $15.00 bucks per box, I would attest that these guys are on the level. Now...whether/when you can get the stuff...that's the real question.

David Jarrett
Rod Hodge

·
Registered
636 Posts
Tanners on the gun broker is selling 500rds(10boxes) of 195LF for 175.00=17.50 a box i just picked up two. thats a three weekends at the range lol

·
Registered
320 Posts
Tanners in Jamison PA has SS195 for $17/50rounds. That's roughly 35cents per round, the same as the .223 ammo that I buy (federal 55grain).

·
Registered
36 Posts
Went to a local show this past weekend. I noticed that the SS195 and 197 that was there was going for $20/box plus tax. Not a good price, but not horrible either. They were unwilling to haggle on price. I have a small stockpile so I didn't bother buying any.
I have seen some auctions on gunbroker, that average out to about $17.50/ box if you buy 500 rounds. That includes shipping, and works out to be the best deal.

·
Registered
356 Posts
Lord Skeletor said:
I've been AWOL from here lately; but this guy in Richmond, VA is selling the 5.7x28 for around $14.50 per box. He was at a local gun show this weekend. He told me that he's fine with making $20.00 per CASE---he simply just wants more of the ammo "out there."

Well...I tried calling him yesterday and spoke with his partner. His partner says that they are currently out and hadn't ordered a big order since about August and aren't ordering anything new until well into January, as they are closed right now doing inventory.

Having bought about 6 or 7 guns from these guys and having personally bought 5.7 ammo from them for under $15.00 bucks per box, I would attest that these guys are on the level. Now...whether/when you can get the stuff...that's the real question.

Dark Sun Surplus
Richmond, VA

David Jarrett
Rod Hodge
Any more word on this guy and his ammo?

·
Registered
15,557 Posts
Just an FYI - this thread is rather old - in order to sell stuff on here, ya gotta be a sponsor. We've picked up quite a few sonsors since this thread started. It's not fair to them for non sponsors to hock their wares.

But, as those messages are old, I do not believe any of those people are still here.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts