FN Herstal Firearms banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all...I've been here off and on for some time, few posts but always a great interest in FN firearms as far back as...well the 70's when the FAL caught my eye. I have handle other FN products along the way but have never owned one until...well probably Friday this week. I have read...studied...you tubed and read again everything I could get my head or hands on related to .308 battle rifles and I think wisely opted for the SCAR 17s. I ordered mine last week and just received notice it is shipping out and should be home Friday. I found Midway has magazines on sale for 35 so I ordered 9 spares...Thinking about optics...those I want...those I can afford and the one I can't really afford but will do without for awhile to get...it's still up the air. Ammo is another consideration...I'm finding lots of it out there. I may be suffering from the buy once, cry once syndrome. It'll pass. One thing, I have never liked the term "assault rifle" and as of yet, none of my rifles have ever assaulted anyone...yet...but it seems FN calls this rifle the SCAR for Special Operations Forces Combat Assault Rifle. In the spirit of pre-emptive conservative pro second amendment enjoyment of the shooting sports...I am going to call my rifle SCTR tor Special Civilian Tactical Rifle...or Scooter :icon_razz:

·
Premium Member
9,524 Posts
Congrats on your incoming Scooter!

Reactions: hillmillenia

·
Registered
6,678 Posts
Oh it will "assault" your bank account, count on it, that and all things FN seem to be addictive. I joined the Forum only owning one, an FNX-40 now a SCAR 16s is in the works as soon as my freakin' check gets here and a FNS-9. I can't seem to keep my eyes off the FS2000 either, it's a happy addiction kinda viral though...

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Oh what? Is this about color? :icon_e_wink: No as I was saying about research...I was able to determine there is a great misconception about the inherent accuracy of the FDE...well that coupled with the fact I rarely make it to the desert, I opted for the black one...and....it was available and for about 300 less. I am trying to be practical. Remember they call the FAL the first black rifle? :x it's gonna be awesome!

·
Registered
505 Posts
What? Your not near a Desert? How about a forest or even dirt? No, black stands out like a Gawdy Slut in church. Well I shouldn't talk smack. At least you have a SCAR 17. Even if its black.:lol::-D:mrgreen:

Reactions: hillmillenia

·
Registered
146 Posts
Yeah i wouldn't settle for just any site. Just stack them chips again and save till u can get the one u really want. In the mean time, just put as many rounds thru it as u can. This rifle is extremely on point. I was hitting a steal target at 200 yards just on iron sites(prob 8 out of 10 rounds too) Dam rifle made me look like a pro lol.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Ya... I got a 17S recently and thought I was done... then I realized how many ACCESSORIES I needed!
We're in for a wallet thinning... Several "Buy Once, Cry Once" events are immanent... :cry::shock:

At least there is this kick butt forum to get guidance/experienced input!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts