FN Herstal Firearms banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had a fair amount of 308 rifles. From long range bolt guns to M1A's & AR10s. A deal on a lnib popped up that I couldn't pass up. So this past week I sold the LR-308 and got into my first Scar. I have never been a big fde fan but I am warming up to it. I'm excited to spend some time at the range this weekend. Until then I guess I better do some forum reading and catch up on what I have been missing out on.

·
Registered
2,390 Posts
:welcomesigntb3: to the Forum and congrats on the 17S. One comment it is LOUD not so much shooting the rifle but for those around you. It is a really fun to shoot rifle, you may want to change the trigger.

·
Registered
174 Posts
Best 308 I ever bought . right out of the box it did every thing I expected it too plus some , I no longer shoot my other riffles a matter of fact I was thinking about selling them and buying a second scar 17 !

·
Registered
359 Posts
Congrats and welcome. Don't be surprised if you find your stock trigger on the heavy and gritty side. I'd invest in a Geissele Super Scar trigger. You won't be sorry. It makes a great gun even better.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I thought about picking up the super scar trigger as some have suggested but want to put a couple range sessions in before I did order a mrex rail from Kinetic Development Group, because with the atlas bipod on if was a bit cramped in front. Parker Mountain Machine is sending me my preferred grip, a K2+. I will post some pictures once everything gets squared away (not that everyone haven't seen a million scars).

BTW. Both PMM & KDG have been great. PMM shipped right away and talking with AJ from KDG he got me all squared away.

·
Registered
397 Posts
Congrats on the new rifle. If you are not happy with your new SCAR 17, send it to me. I can always use a third one.

Grip, G Trigger, and PMM rear QD posts. Optics, a lot of people like NF especially the 2.5-10X. I'm running one of those on an AD Delta mount on one 17 and an Aimpoint T2 with Aimpoint Magnifier on LaRue mounts on the other. I try to keep the rifle light because that is one of it's most appealing features. I'm not a fan of extended rails, I run replacement MI rails with QD's built in. I also run an Atlas bipod on a QD mount. The SCAR is a fantastic system and is very accurate for a chrome lined battle rifle.

·
Registered
232 Posts
Look at some SEAL pics with our best holding the FDE and then you'll love it--then grow a beard and act like a bad ass. This may or may not go well for you, but at least your rifle is colored perfectly for the roll.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts