FN Herstal Firearms banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
21,553 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I went to the range today to celebrate my classes being done (still have finals though :roll: ).

Anyway, I went with the mindset of being in somewhat of a tactical mode, and not a target mode. I tried a couple of different stances (modified weaver and isosceles-which I had been doing exclusively). Since I had a tactical mind set, I decided to decock it at the start of the mag for my first 6 mags. Out of the six rounds fired in DA, I had 3 hit withing 2" of the center of the target, but the other 3 were several inches off. I decided, I'll probably carry condition 1 from here on out.

I also practiced double taps (20 rounds). With these, I was left of center 2-3 inches with a fairly wide height range, maybe 8 inches from top to bottom and had an 8 round cluster even with the center of the target (no doubt first shots).

After I did that, I continued shooting at 10 and 7 yards. All shots were taken about a second apart and I was having really good groups with an occasional flier due to me flinching for some reason (maybe because of the guys shooting next to me, but that really didn't bother me). I was usually about an inch left, but one of my targets, I was mostly center and maybe 1/2" left, but nothing on the right.

I'm really starting to get the feel for this gun and I am really improving. I'm now at 1270 rounds personally and 1670 for the gun. No malfunctions of any kind (including hollow points and high pressure rounds). That was the last of my S&B ammo and I'll probably try Magtech next. I did get hit on the head with brass and caught a couple in my shirt pocket, but I'm pretty sure they deflected off of the divider, because when I shot it outside at my buddies house, all rounds landed at approximately my 4 O'clock postion with none in the face.

This will be the last time I shoot until probably February, which bums me out, but I'll be out of the country for a month, so it should be fairly fast.

I love this gun. Now I just have to get the 45 :?

·
Registered
21,553 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
That is a good price. I'd probably go with the 115 gr stuff, like the S&B I got. I paid the same for the S&B, but the place I got it from no longer has it and another place I looked has it for $15 more per case. I'll probably get some from this place, thanks :?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts