FN Herstal Firearms banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all,

Found this site as I was researching a just yesterday received HP from Aimsurplus and had a few questions for the group...
What I do know is the new addition is a MKII, 1985 example. (PV) in the serial number, rib running down the length of the bbl, drain hole in the front, thumb rest on the left grip. Belgian pineapple proof left side front trigger guard.

There seems to be a small what appears to be Israeli letter/marking inside a circle on the right side of the frame, above and to the rear of the trigger guard.
Also finish seems to have been coated black, reminding me of the paint on the surplus CZ 82's. There's also a piece of tape on the left grip that seems to have been there quite some time.

Guess my biggest question is there other identifiers that this is an Israeli contract of some sort? What else to look for? If so, any thoughts on who it may have gone to back in 1985? Military? Police? And of course any other info would be appreciated. Thank you.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,429 Posts
Welcome to the forum!

·
Registered
22,118 Posts
Welcome!!! :)

Nice!!!

·
Registered
129 Posts
You researched well Frank :?...

No way to say...absolutely :wink:, if your '85 MkII is an actual FN Contract pistol but, it did see Israeli service...however it got there :wink:. The property mark: Hebrew letter "MEM" within the circle, is for the first letter of "Mishtarah"...Police :mrgreen:.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts